icon

Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sopher 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

No. I read a few posts back (or maybe on another forum) that the 60mp disks have way better maps, and better graphics and color menus. 

I'm in Boston and the maps look about the same.  (although I have not looked deeply into the areas of the "Big Dig".)

The PIM icons of the Xm stations do not display at all.  What is the correct mapping need in the table file?

wojtekg 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
Well if they didn't build any New roads in your area then they will be the same.
sab0276 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

So does the N3 come with 60mp? 

-Scott

2002 GMC Yukon SLT non-Bose
Pioneer AVIC N3
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

yes

sab0276 wrote:

So does the N3 come with 60mp? 

-Scott

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

I believe you will only see the logos on units with the enhanced xm display(D1, D2, Z1, and N3) when used with the GEXP10XMT navtraffic tuner.

Sopher wrote:
I see on the CNDV-60mp DVD disk all the PIM files for the XM logos. Over on Avic411.com (and probably here too) is the pim manager program to view and convert.
I undertstand that XM change some of their station's names slightly.
However, on my unit EVERY XM station only displays the defualt blue satellite logo (file is something like: LPSNOT.PIM)   What file do I need to modify to get it to read them properly?
This is for an AVIC-N2 unit.

goldiey2 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having. I have a N1 and I reflashed it to the 40 disk so I could view the DVD/Nav while driving. After I did this I can no longer hear the radio or the Sirius coming off the IP bus input. I thought maybe it was the brain unit, but I just bought a N2 and used the N1 brain unit and everything works fine. So now I realize it had something to do with the flash. Hopefully this is an easy fix. By the way everything on the N1 seems to be working fine except the inputs coming off the brain( I haven't tried A rear Cam or anything, just the antenna and the IP bus input). Any suggestions and or solutions I may not be aware off? Thanks in advance.
Goldie
Sopher 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry... hit post too soon.
Anyone know if it is the hideway brain unit that has the new XM display and Ipod features on the new N3? Or it in the headunit?
Can the headunits of the N2 and N3 simply be swapped?
wrecklesswun 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
I have successfully swapped brains and headunits with N1 and N2...as for the flash, i believe there are 2 areas of flash that have to be downgraded...
slab42 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
good point... has anyone tried using the N3 brain (and the 60 software) with the N1 screen?  the lockout seems to be on the screen portion of the hardware. 
rcattral 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

Goldie, I have this same problem. I re-flashed my N1 to restore the video and my rear cam no longer works. I have not been able to find a solution yet but am still searching.

If anybody has any ideas then I would be happy to try them.

Rob

Page of 50

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic