icon

Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrailing 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
The brain (hideaway units) boxes are literally the same between the N1, N2, and N3. The main differences are in the headunits themselves. That's where all the hardware and software problems are between video on the N1, iPod udates on the N1 and N2. It won't happen unless you get an N3 headunit, they you can do it all.
Ballerinstaller 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, um, I had the same problem having no rear camera video after reflashing and I went into the setup menu and turned the feature back on. I have reflashed mine 14 times now and that worked for me. Perhaps you did not reflash ALL of the files. If you need more info how to flash, view all of the pages of this post and you will find the real guide of reflashing your N1 without the need of a remote and it should work flawlessly.
Pioneer Avic-N1
Clarion 300 watt 4 channel amp
PPI PC21400 1400 watt amp
2x JL 12 inch w7's
Polk EX series in factory locations
2000 Impala LS
Baller Installer - Pete D.
goldiey2 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Baller , which ones need to be reflashed, because I went through all these forums and thought I got them all.. I think I reflashed like 5 things, can't remember all off the top of my head, but three were the ones you posted in your tutorial.. Not sure but I know when I got the unit everything worked fine(think the 40 was loaded). I upgraded to the 50 and everything still worked fine(no Nav/DVD of course) so I reflashed back to 40 and than both stopped working.. that's when I went in again and started my troubleshooting with no luck.. but I was hoping to run into someone that would tell me specifically which file would cause that problem..I'll keep looking though, appreciate the input.
Goldie
explor202 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Why so quiet here lately?
A.S.E.certified: Steering/Suspension, Brakes, Engine Performance, Engine Repair, Customer Service.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2006 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
I cant believe this thing is up to 52 pages. This is just getting rediculous
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Go4DKil 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
What if some one found the screen that covers the dvd and replace it with a clear window with out the warning. If BGopen can be hacked, why not the warning?
Datwo 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

Go4DKil wrote:
What if some one found the screen that covers the dvd and replace it with a clear window with out the warning. If BGopen can be hacked, why not the warning?

Doesn't work that way. The screen isn't a static photo. It is drawn via a window manager. The bios isn't editable because its CRC checked and nobody here has the knowledge to even crack that and that is the first step. I have basically given up messing with it because I have been way to busy and have come to dead end basically. We need somebody that is able to disassemble the firmware. I haven't been able to find a disassembler that works on this processor. IDA Pro doesnt work. Anyways... that's where its at. We need a expert cracker on this one. Someone who plays with firmware.

Sopher 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone please outline the steps needed to burn a new DL DVD of a anyone of the Map disks?
I vaugely recall UtraISO and Alchohol 120% being used. But not sure.
hybridamp 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone have a current, working version of their IMAGETBL.DAT file that they can post for the CNDV-60 data set? 

I have an AVIC-N3 with GEX-P10XMT.

I could swear the station logo/icons worked for about 10mins when I first powered up my new unit, but then as soon as I changed to one of the "new" XM Stations all of my icons/logos stopped displaying. It doesn't even display the default "Satellite" icon, it just has blank gray space on all of the XM stations in the location where the logo should be...?

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Its posted on avic411.com
Page of 50

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic