icon

Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrecklesswun 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
Another idea just hit me...For the N2 software, has anyone found the actual bitmap that is displayed when trying to watch video while in motion?  The idea is, if this bmp can be found,. and made into an 'invisible' bmp, then it wouldn't matter cause you'd see the video which keeps playing, but in front of it would be nothin we see, cause it's invisible...or even better yet, just delete it from the dvd...just a thought.
wrecklesswun 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
This can also be tested, by deleting any of the bitmaps that you can normally see...and seeing if in the code they have what i like to call an on error resume next, or no exception handling at all.  I am going to test this as well, as it seems to be quick and feasible
drayla 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
WOW... Should be getting a D1 in a week or so and installed shortly there after.  After reading some of the posts about modding the boot up and background images i'm really glad i decided to look into it.  Kind of messed up that the D1 doesn't already have this capability, but it sounds like it will very soon with everyone sharing information....happy to help if i can...
ohlarikd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ok - check it out. Got WATER.PIM to load into Irfanview:
https://home.comcast.net/~dohlarik/storage/WATER.jpg
500x240
Header:16
16 BPP
5:5:6
NOT Grayscale
jasonhilton 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yep! Good work on finding Irfanview!
The Settings to use are
Width:500
Height:240
Header:16
16 BPP 5:5:5
It works PERFECT!
jasonhilton 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
Er, didn't see you allready posted the settings.
GREAT JOB ohlarikd!
jasonhilton 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Posted all the jpegs of the default D1 backgrounds here: http://jasonhilton.us/d1/backgrounds/finished/
Now we just have to figure out the animated ones...lol
jasonhilton 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, I'm having problems saving a jpeg as a raw with the same header/data with IrFanView. You have any luck saving them ohlarikd?
ohlarikd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

I haven't had a chance to resave them.  If the header data gets lost, I guess you can write it down and reenter it afterwards with a hex editor.  Its only 16 bytes, so its easy.  The rest is pixel data.

I am still not convinced that any of the RGB choices is correct.  In particular, if you import 'wood', it doesn't look quite right.  Close, but off.  I think we need a RAW input program that allows user definable bit patterns.  I am still not sure how 3967h translates into white. 

Also - Irfanview doesn't allow drawing, so we need that.  But at least we are getting close to understanding the structure.  I will keep searching for a RAW input program that allows complete customization.

Derek

ohlarikd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

Also, there are a lot of backgrounds on the DVD that are not D1 options.  I wonder, if you put those background PIMs into the same directory of the ones that work, would we see them?  Guess I'll butn another DVD-RW!  RW rules.

Derek

Page of 50

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic