the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

spl and sq system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

Dare to be different just by a bit. After the last mega system we built here, I would take a real good look at the Xtant X2 subs. I would also step up with a amplifier that is also a little more realistic in it's output power and build quality. Consider one of the big MTX mono amplifiers or the Eclipse mono amplifiers. Your system will thank you for years to come. Try and match the 4 channel amp to the mono sub amp as well. If you are going to do this, do it right. I am a big fan of having things match for aesthetic purposes, thus I would try and keep my amps the same brand.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
mikedog12 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

forbiden i can spend about 375 for the subs and the box

michael12
mikedog12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
what r some great front 6 1/2 speaker im looking for sound quailty. speaker vs componet speaks
michael12
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

I still really recommend taht you take the time to really ensure that you understand all of the basics about this before putting together a decntly complicated setup (anything with more than just a single amp or sealed box), as I get the impression that you may be a little bit confused about some things.  Other than that I can tell you that most people on here (including myself) would recommend going with components in the front , however if you are more comfortable with a high quality coax that is not ecessarily a bad thing.  Budget is a big factor in all recommendations, so if you let us know what you are looking to spend on different items then we will be able to give you much better recommendations.

$375  for just the sub and box? or for sub, box, and amp?  The type r's are a good choice as well as the X2s that forbidden told you about (although if I remember right they might be a little more pricey).  Are you dead set on two 12s or would you consider one 12?  All of these things matter, and jus tlike forbidden said, its really all about the box, a well built box can make even the worst of subs sound decent, and a poorly built one can make the best sound like nails rattling around in a tin can.

mikedog12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

what do u think is best 2 12 or one ?  i want to get 2 12 type r's 250 and im get a box for 50 bux its a ported im having it built and like 125 for a 4ch amp and mono class d hifonics amp for the subs 209 and i dont know what to use for the front and the rear.

michael12
jnasty 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

They are not the best subs in the world, but these Pheonix Golds'

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3409

are good. A friend has them in his car, and they hit plenty hard. Sound quality isn't bad, either.

Pheonix isn't what it used to be, but on a budget, these are a good starting point.

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Why do you think the Alpine type "Rs" are not that good? Just curious.
There is no such thing as free installation!
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
what 4 channel amp are you picking up for $125?  be careful what brand amps you get when buying a 4 channel, poor quality amps on your mids and highs can make a whole stereo sound horrible.
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
I think a Type R or two is a great choice. I love those subs. They sound great, and are LOUD when put in the proper enclosure.
mikedog12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
how can i get the best sound out of my subs when there in the trunk
michael12
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic