the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Back Dash Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cirrusly_fast 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for those words of wisdom.
not a show car.
people who make those types of comments are the same ones, I would be looking out for.
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
System: 1-12" Orion H2, Crossfire VR2000D,Odyssey C2150 battery
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
i'm just lookin out for you... i wouldn't steal someone's amp if is aw it in the window. i'd call them an idiot for leaving something like that in plain view though. if you want to ge rid of that amp, send it my way... before some junkie sells it for $50 and gets a few crack rocks.
cirrusly_fast 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
it's getting bolted down with security screws
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
Still, I seriously don't think a few bolts are gonna stop a "professional" thief from getting your equipment. Maybe you should buy something to cover it when you park the car anywhere else besides the front of your house. Your 1st box looks good, I can;t wait to see this rear deck project done. Good luck! Back Dash Project - Page 2 -- posted image.
Im a fiberglass whore!!
cirrusly_fast 
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
well, don't get me wrong, I am worried about theifs, but, my impression about thieves are that they are not there to unbolt, unscrew, or neatly rip off your gear. The faster they can get something and get out, the better. I understand the if a thief wants something bad enough, he'll get it. So cover or no cover, alarm, or no alarm, screw or bolts or no screw or bolts, in the end it won't matter. any and every systems is at risk. Hell right now the amp is just screwed to the trunk floor not much more security there than there is under a piece of bolted down fiberglass.
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
darthness 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
yeah thats a good point but
hows he going to know you have that amp bolted to the floor of the trunk, as opposed to displaying it in the window :D
cirrusly_fast 
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
I've add my car broken into before. the first thing they took was the stereo. they pulled the trunk release handle but it broke. Had the theif actually gotten in he woulda had the amp and speakers too. So it's not always whether they know or not, it's whether they check.
Some thieves are smart others are not. I hope not to encounter either of them. I know the risk and I'm willing to take. I'd be pretty pissed if I got robbed, but for now the gratification of seeing what I've done out weighs that. I appreciated the concern and the heads up you've given me, I'll definately keep it in mind, I have thought about putting a tshirt over it as well.
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
cdoolittle16 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
Look into getting you stuff insured if you're really worried about it, Farmers offers up to like $3500 in coverage, and for really hi end systems its well worth the investment of an extra $4 a month.
I love custom audio like a fat kid loves cake!
spades07 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
if i came across someone breaking into my car the will be the ones needing good insurance after i near beat them to death. my car is my baby tou touch it wrong you die.Back Dash Project - Page 2 -- posted image.
darthness 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
anyone have geico and know if they do insurance? i tmay be worth it for me.. i wouldn't mind the extra fee.
by insurance i mean on stereos :D
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic