icon

constant thump from subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  

I too have had this happen from improper grounding.  Check the resistance from the ground to your negative battery terminal.   Forbidden made an awesome post https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=49445&PN=1 that should solve your problems.  If it isn't that, then I am still almost positive it is a ground problem.  Check the grounds on everything.  And then upgrade the big three, i have seen that take care of ground noise too. 

OOH I got one for ya.  When I had this problem before, switch the amplifier to full range, so it isn't set for subs, even if it is feeding into the subs it won't hurt them and you will probably be able to hear alternator whine, or some other type of ground noise.  Trust me, grounds are really really important.

fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
d_stever 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the help after a few weeks ive replaced the rca cables and the Y adapters and it seems to be running fine now   thanks to all for the replies
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic