icon

Customers and the funny things they say

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  

ive gotten a few whoppers. i did an alarm install on some pos 86 blazer, dude comes back 2 weeks later saying the little stick on antenna broke his windshield.Customers and the funny things they say - Page 2 -- posted image.

mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  

I had lady come in once with a Kenwood KDC2023 complaining that after her brother the auto electrician had installed it, it would cut out when the volume was turned up making a squeeling noise, upon inspection I discovered he had wired up all the speaker negatives together and grounded them.   DUH!!

Needless to say there wasn't any warranty on that product LOL

WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

I've aways intalled my own stuff but I don't have the time/the place/tools/wife won't let me/give some else an chance.

No I didn't try to install it / no its not blown / don't understand was working when hooked it up before.

You need a bracket/sleeve to hold the deck?

Yes, I've got all the parts.

My buddy can do it for half the price.

I want the best you've got, for half price/free.

I'm building a show car, and will put your sticker on 89 rust bucket if you sponsor me.  The other shop will do everything for free, and don't want me to go to any shows.

I can get a better deal from your distributor than you can.

I thought I would give you the opertunity practice on my car for free. You can always use more experience.

I want the professionally installed, can you recommened someone?

My buddy told me ......

Benji999 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
That's good stuff, I cringe when I hear "a buddy of mine" or "my buddy told me"
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Customer: I have a 1000watt pyle amp. I'm looking for a sub that will be able to handle 1000 watts.
Me: Well we have these JL audio W7s. Kind of pricy but since you have a 1000watt amp, you'll blow any cheaper subs.
Customer: Thats what my buddy told me. If I buy 2 can you give me a discount?
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
How about this, the dealer told me that since you put my radio in my car won't start.
junior40er 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
haha I have a couple but will post them one at a time.
I was a Noob at a circuit city and this lady comes in with a 90's sentra. It haqd no radio from the factory and she says she wants a radio. Ok I tell her "what about new speakers?" she said "I dont need any speakers, car already has em. " I told her most likly the dealer/factory wont install speakers without the radio. She keeped insisting that she just wanted radio and nothing else. I instal the radio and like I expected no sound. She complains and said I loveed up her car and now speakers are missing just so I can make a sale (which makes no sense cause I wasn't in sales) but she ended up leaving all wized with a brand new radio.    .............but no sound LOL
junior40er 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
can we post of storu\ies where customers had really messed up/nasty cars? or is there a thread for it or what? I got plenty of those.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I always know I am screwd when the first words out of the customer's mouth are:
"Well, my boyfriend......"
"My buddy and I...."
"A guy that my mechanic knows......"
Usually makes for an interesting car....
Or, the customer that comes in to buy a deck, doesn't want install or accessories because "they will just figure it out", and then comes back with a disassembled car, the OEM plug kinda halfassed back onto the harness, and a non functioning radio (and/or dash lights, interior lights, etc)wanting us to just tell him what wires do what.....
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Benji999 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
junior40er wrote:
can we post of storu\ies where customers had really messed up/nasty cars? or is there a thread for it or what? I got plenty of those.
Knock yourself out, I was hoping we could all get a laugh when I started this thread. I'm sure others can add to that category too.Customers and the funny things they say - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic