icon

Hyundai sonata door panels

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
Well for the glass box I was going to use packing peanuts to get a fairly accurate cube for the box. I'll use mdf board as a divider and move it over until I get the right cubic feet then glue it in and start wrapping in fleece. That should be me in the ball park and I plan to go at the min volume. But then I am not even sure I will port it or not anyway. Still have to get the speakers which now I am having a hard time deciding what ones to get lol. Well either way I stil need to build the amp rack and I have plenty of time to decide what I will do. I do appreciate all the advice you guys are giving...although it's made things harder to decide :)
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

OK here are the final pics. As you can see there are 5 speakers on the front right of my car. Once I get the other side done there will be a total of 15 speakers in my car. thats just rec**kulous IMO!! lol. feel free to point out all the little mistakes. I think ive discovered them all but extra eyes are always good.

Hyundai sonata door panels - Page 4 -- posted image.

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'm no expert so from what I can see it looks great. I don't see any mistakes but then this site doesn't allow you to expand the pix. It does look a little funky under the door handle like there should be something there thats not. Oh and the obvious...what the hell are you going to do with 15 speakers :)Looks great man!
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
what??? lol its only 5 subs (2 x 12", 2 x 6", and 1 x 10") and the 5 surround speakers up front (4 x 6.5", 2 x 4", and 4 tweets). I was planning on competing for sound quality for IASCA but there arent any comps in my area for it this year. I guess I'll have to stick with the crappy local ones.
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
5 subs thats just insane lol. I can understand the 12's and i can understand thre 6's but why the single 10? Doesn't that conflict witht he 2 12's? Also....JL 6W0s! Them  look really nice. I saw them at a shop yesterday. How do they sound? MTX has what they call a mid base speaker but.....it's not to the same quality as the JL . They seem to small to be true mid base but more like regular mids. How much did you pay for the JL 6W0s?
1968 VW Beetle
blufab 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
That is awesome dude, i like how the materials' color kinda flows with the wood trim. What kinda fabric is that?
scelsi14 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Personally, I think you lucked out by ruining the covers for the crossovers. The doors look really good with them exposed.
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

Aceracer - I have the 2 x 12"s on a switch. The 2 x 6"s and the 1 x 10" are on a seperate switch. When im driving around town and downt want to draw attention from thugs and cops, I only have the 6"s and the 10" playing. The 6W0s are really nice. I got them for $100 for the pair (that includes a 4 year warantee). You have to be very careful with the amount of power you give them. I blew one because I was giving it about twice its rated power in a box that was too big for it.

blufab - Its called suede flocker. Its technically not fabric. Do a google search for the stuff. Its pretty cool

sceisi14 - I like how it looks too but I still need to cover them so rain will never touch them when the door is open.

aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
I'd run them off the same amp I am running my components. The amp puts out about 125 RMS per channel..it's a 2 channel amp. The comps are rated for 150 so I doubt I would be putting to much power into them. I'm curious though if adding these would be a good idea. Would these be worth putting in? Hard for me to tell if there are gaps in the audio frequencies or not between my sub and my components.
1968 VW Beetle
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
So you are saying youd be running your components and 2 x 6W0s off a 2 channel amp?? That sounds to me like its too much for one amp. If you are thinking about running your components together at 2 ohm on 1 channel and the 2 subs off of the other channel at 2, 4, or 6ohm (the 6W0s come in 4 ohm, 8 ohm and 12ohm) Then you are going to lose a lot of sound quality. Plus if the comps are rated at 150rms then you will only be giving them 62.5rms if the amp really puts out as much as its rated. I would get a 4 channel amp if you want to run it all off of one amp. And yes the 6w0s are definitely worth it in my opinion. Im running mine as the rear speakers with a high pass freq of 125Hz and the low pass of 315Hz. When I turn off the switch for the 6W0s there is a huge noticable difference in the sound spectrum.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic