Posted: June 02, 2006 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

it is model cft-15( if that helps)

and it is 17*17*12 3/4

concept
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
Personally i would say stick with the 10". I prefer them to a 15" anyday. Ofcourse I look for sound quality and not sound pressure level. Typically, the smaller the sub, the more accurate it is going to be. Unless you fork out some big bucks for a top end 15", its going to sound sloppy. Kicker is a great example of sloppy sounding bass.
concept 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

yea i was thinking that...keep the 10" and sell the 15"

which do you think would be better for alittle more than SQ like a little more bass?

concept
concept 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
sorry guys.. i did the calculations and it came out to be 1.53 is the interior volume
concept
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
killer sonata wrote:
Kicker is a great example of sloppy sounding bass.
This is the perfect example of an amature box builder.
Tight, Low, Clean Bass is all we are getting from our kickers!
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
killer sonata wrote:
Kicker is a great example of sloppy sounding bass.
This is the perfect example of an amature box builder.
Tight, Low, Clean Bass is all we are getting from our kickers!

I just prefer quality products like JL and MTX for my subs thats all. Im guessing you think infinity is high quality door speakers too huh?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

killer sonata wrote:
Personally i would say stick with the 10". I prefer them to a 15" anyday. Ofcourse I look for sound quality and not sound pressure level. Typically, the smaller the sub, the more accurate it is going to be. Unless you fork out some big bucks for a top end 15", its going to sound sloppy. Kicker is a great example of sloppy sounding bass.

This is a myth and is completely incorrect.  There is nothing inherently more "sloppy" or "tight" that is created by cone size.  It's all in the enclosure.

Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
concept wrote:
it is model cft-15( if that helps)

and it is 17*17*12 3/4

Your enclosure is on the small size for a 15" woofer at 1.5 cuft.  It could be used, however, and will sound a little boomy with peaks up around 60Hz, but it'll be OK.  I'd recomend filling it with polyfill (stuff at least a pound in) and throw about 500 watts at your CFT-15.  HERE's the specs in case you don't have them.

Support the12volt.com
concept 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
alright thankz guy...
concept
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

killer sonata wrote:

This is a myth and is completely incorrect.  There is nothing inherently more "sloppy" or "tight" that is created by cone size.  It's all in the enclosure.

With most manufactures they use the same motor for the 10" 12" and 15" on a woofer of the same series. That being said, the 10" will be more accurate than the 15" because there isnt as much surface area for error. In other words, the motor will push the 15" more unevenly than the 10". Or atleast this is what I have been told time and time again by numerous credible people.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic