icon

Besy Buy Installers, What do you make?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Boomin' taurus 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
any idea as to how many MasterMECP's there are in BBY, Murph?
-john
black86gti 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

doibuy wrote:
I know you bleed BLUE, but trust me this will never work.  There are too many smaller companies that specalize in this type of work for you to compete.  Dealers need stuff done yesterday, not today or tomorrow.  That means having the parts and product to do the job immediately not, we'll order it, corporate will have to approve it, then it will be in next week.  It's all about relationships, that means you'll have to have a rep or saleman to take care of the account, someone they can call when they need something, at any time of the day or night. 

I agree with this statement about best buy doing work for dealers. When i was working at best buy we did a few jobs for dealers and due to the same day drop policy and the customer apointments seeing that we were already booked out a few days. The dealers were made to leave the car with use for at least 2 days. especaily for some thing like a over head video or keyless/ remote start. the dealer put up with this for a few jobs but they now do work strictly with the new shop i am working at.

The shop i install at now does 2-3 dealer cars a day along with other customer cars. this is with 2 installers compared to the  5+ installers at best buy. All the dealers have to do is call us the day before and we will pick up the  car the next morning and get it done and back to them that day if we cant do it right when they call us. basicly dealer cars will not work in the best buy install bays.

AS far as pay i left best buy to go to work for a smaller shop and have nearly tripled my pay. when i turned in my two weeks the store GM's and my senior offered to give me a raise if i would stay but they could not even come close to that amount im making at my new job. I think this is kinda sad for such a large company having its installers out payed by a small business. this includes benifits, hourly rate, better hours etc.

gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
best buy doesn't understand installers. they are just guys with names on thier shirts. and getting sweated to put bass blockers on every speaker in a customer's car??? what the heck is that? plus the constant head games like having to do the best buy cheer every morning. i know there are a lot of realy good guys working there but in my opinion the pay realy sucks and the working environment is lousy too.
I can eat fifty eggs
Uniqueauto 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

You guys that work at Best Buy are out of your damn minds!!!! Never will I make that little bit of money, I think Best Buy is where all the young kids go to learn how to install then leave and make real money while some stay with that $7/hr or whatever you guys make.

Installer/Owner
Double check twice Install once!
Wires are my Best Friends
_007 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
I make $21.74 an hour at bestbuy
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
yeah murph it's not a career; thats why i believe that the guys and shops that aren't doing high end work are in trouble. it looks like soon high end will be all there is to do.
I can eat fifty eggs
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Car makers will never eliminate us there will always be something better, we will simply adapt.
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
Boomin' taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
haha... you know, murph, i was gonna reply to one of his 'feedbacks' with something simliar with the name thing, but i figured i'd spare the kid, considering i'm sure he's heard it once or twice before.
-john
Boomin' taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
i try to help out when i can... spend vast majority of my online free time at carsound, but i do ocasionally post here, sounddomain, directechs, elite, and other various places... working OT everyweek isn't bad, just no motivation to jump online and post (either at the store or home).
I believe if you click my profile on SD, it still says I'm a moderator, but i don't believe i have the access anymore.
-john
BT
Boomin' taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
sorry. i meant to say 'guy' not kid.
-john
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic