Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
well be prepared to find new parttimers
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
That was one thing I never understood, why a company that you work for would ever charge anything over cost for staff....
When I worked for FS it was cost +10%, and we were forbidden to talk to reps about deals (yeah right, when you're in the industry 10 years the reps are your friends).
the place I work for now is cost +5 within your 3 month probation then straight cost after that.
And I don't care who you are, I still think BBY.FS installers get the shaft when it comes to pay.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Installers are always the guys that get it in the yin yang no matter where you work. I've worked at high end custom shops where we weren't allowed to talk to our clients even when they are watching us work on their car. Or not be able to take pics of cars.
Then I worked at CC where they took away our bonus(boned us) and then gave it back to us. All they would tell us was "It's good for the company". I could give an "F" about the company if the company doesn't give an "F" about me.
Do they have an 12v Installer Association?
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
kwalton 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
THIS IS IT, I'VE HAD IT.
don't get me wrong i do love what i do for a living but i think that the best buy organization in the south florida area is going to break me. i moved here almost 9 months ago from the baltimore/dc area with my girl and i thought "great i will transfer with best buy and have a job when i get there." south florida best buy's must be run by a different company because they just don't do things the way best buy says they should be done. install bays closing for a few hours during the day and the installers going home because there is nothing to do, a complete and utter lack of training, and no, and i mean no, recognition whatsoever.
isn't best buy supposed to be the retailer of choice??? and the employer of choice??? i just can't see myself working here much longer especially when they won't give me a raise for my yearly review. i am one of the most knowledgeable people in mobile and they won't pay me for my expertise. they would rather pay people that can't even do a deck in a 2001 maxiam or a 1991 accord (yes i have come accross instances where this has happened.)
sorry for my rant. i just had a really bad day and i dan near decked my gm for getting in my face in front of a customer.
kwalton 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Murph wrote:
Call HR that is BS.
i have been trying to talk to my district hr for about 2 weeks but everytime i go to see him he is not in the office. i just happen to work at the store which has the district office 50 feet from the install bay garage doors. the other thing that gets me about the close proximity of the office is that they won't even talk to us when they walk by. we have the best bay in the area and can we get some recognition?? NO
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
No discount, no me.
circuit city did it, so why not best buy! =)
let me clear off my credit card and go crazy.
next thing you no here in virginia we'll be open 10-9 on sundays like our circuit city's too!
maybe we'll even try to look like those who try to look like us? then.. wouldn't we look like ourselves? but.. no it wouldn't cost money to look like ourselves! Let's just spend budget dollars to copy the company that copied us so that we can look like them
rant done
if you understood this... then you're way too sober at this time!.
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2006 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
I'm drunk now. and popping some pills. hah.
and i'm supposedly a mobile senior
anyways.
it'll make for a fun morning meeting tomorrow on my day off!
the one here in virginia has expanded it's hours, adn i'm sure we'll be right along with them.
my goal is to hire 8 installers like circuit here and beat them dollar for dollar on install budget.
but with the 3 people and 100 hours a month i get.... =) it's not likely going ot happen soon
i'll just have to deal with my 150-300 dollar daily budget and live.
ron, I might wanna hit you up later on the masters test. I'm thinking of taking mine... so maybe i can go over the speed of sound calculations with ya.! p
peace kneegrowz
Boomin' taurus 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2006 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
...wasn't aware of ron being on this forum...
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
I'm telling you guys. When I was in your shoes I used to be the worst. Giving store managers and district managers the blunt reality of situations. Bottom line is they think their crap doesn't smell. Your job is to shove their face in it.
Bottom line.. don't let these guys walk all over you then come rant on the net man. Call what ever corporate 1800 number you can. You gotta make a stand against suits. If not for yourself then for your fellow installers.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
wishboneattack 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know me, you should? I am Best Buy.. Who enjoys that BS in the morning? LMFAO..... And don't forget the "numbers". Standing there for 20 minutes while a manager gives the store an eye brow beating every morning because you dropped 2 spots or made revenue but didn't attach the accessories, best buy card, etc... and meanwhile mentions nothing about the install bay... Those days are the best.
If minimum wage gets raised to $7.50 some of you might get a $.25 raise... Best Buy pay is doodiety that is for sure. White Castle will hire in at $10/ hour to bake a burger. No immediate talent needed for that. I think most people were born with that basic instinct. Heres another messed up thing about Best Buy, the lunch compliance rule. That is another way to save on labor budget. Where I live we have no laws on lunches by an employeer, yet they tell the employees it is law you have to do it... WTF is up with that? All politics and greed. You would think I company that has $42 billion (that is what the training sessions use to say when they would tell about how Best Buy pays cash for a new store and never finances it through a bank) sitting around in the bank could pay the employees a little better....
I may be lost but I am making good time.
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic