icon

Deep Bass box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
I was just wondering maybe im missing something but all the big speakers i find are 8 ohm and most car amps are 4 ohm. If this is correct, can i or can't i use a 4ohm amp with a 8 ohm speaker?
I guess that guy has subs.
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
If they are 8 ohm speakers, then odds are that they are for home audio.
Where are you looking?
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

Amps aren't 4 ohm amps.  That is just the load they are rated at.  If an amp can safely play at 4 ohms and then it can play at 8 ohms.  There will just be less power produced due to the higher resistance.

Personally I think you are going about it wrong with adding a large number of speakers instead of going with less speakers of high quality, powered properly with an amplifier, and installed properly.  My 2 cents.

lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

luckydevil, yeah they are home speakers.

Zhalverson, Appreciate the 2 cents as a matter of fact if you were in my position what kinds of speakers would you get and why those?

toby12188 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have 4 6.5 inch 3-way lightning audio speakers in the doors of my truck (4 door blazer) playing at 2 ohms on one side of a 900 watt dual-channel amp, with 2 8 inch subs on the other side, and my highs are rediculously loud and clear. With the box/sub combo i have my subs already hit as hard as some of the 10s i've heard in other vehicles, and the highs easily drown out the subs.
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

Toby, if you step outside your car..how far can u still hear it? 15-20?...also wouldn't a component system be clearer?

thanx for your input

toby12188 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
15 or 20 feet for sure, and sorry but i'm not sure what you mean by component system (points to slight status of newb lol)
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

lol n/p man thanx for ur reply

Component speaker is a car audio speaker matched for optimal sound quality. Typically a pair of tweeters and mid- bass drivers are matched with a crossover to limit the frequency range each speaker must accurately reproduce. Component speakers drivers are physicaly separated so the tweeter, which is very directional, can be placed in an optimal position, usually on the dash facing the listener, while the larger mid-bass driver can be placed where there is room, often in the lower front of the car doors. Component speaker pairs are offered by all of the high-end audio manufacturers.osition, usually on the dash facing the listener, while the larger mid-bass driver can be placed where there is room, often in the lower front of the car doors. Component speaker pairs are offered by all of the high-end audio manufacturers.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
Not all of them are home speakers...Most are just 8 ohms cuz thats just the way they are. Also most have a very high effiency rating so a ton of power is not needed to get loud.
You could just a pair 8-12 inch 8 ohm speakers and parallel them and brigde it to a 2 channel amp and have crazy mids and highs.
Basically a component system just separate speakers for custom placement and a crossover network for assigned frequency ranges per speaker.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

hmm.. interesting... thats sounds like the best way to go.. get 2 either 10in or 12in speakers and just use that.  Next step...anyone got any fav or know of any speakers i can put it.. Anyone try and and pleased with results? so should i take my interiors speakers out so i dont have 2 different types of speakers or is that okay?

thanx for the reply.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic