icon

Deep Bass box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Its okay to keep your interior speakers in...you'll just have some major rear fill instead of a bright front soundstage...but whatever sounds good to you.
I'm putting a couple of 10 inch full range speakers in the back of my explorer as well to listen to music for tailgate parties and other doodie like that.
I'm gettin a couple of these.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-332
But just look around and see what you like or what falls into your price range...for decent full range you want something that'll go higher than about 4500-5000hz.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
yeah exactly..tailgate parties.. and stuff like that... let me know when you get them and how they sound..i'd apprecaite that..also now thats a 8ohm speaker... now lets say an amp is 500watts 4ohm..will it be like 250 watts 8ohm? will it be like 400watts? whats the exchange between them? What kind of box are you putting you speakers in?
I guess that guy has subs.
aznboi3644 
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
I don't really know what kinda box ima put them in yet. Gonna use WinISD maybe...Prolly just put em in a simple sealed box though for ease.
Yes these are 8 ohm speakers of I'm gonna have TWO of them for a paralleled resistance of 4 ohms. Couple that with a 2 channel amp bridged and your set to go. But I'll first just hook each up to a channel. These speakers have a VERY high efficiency rating so tons of power isn't going to be needed for loud music. 150 watts rms power handling and 98 db at 1W/1m is probably going to be pretty loud.
But if an amp is rated at 500 watts bridged at 4 ohms than it is 250 watts/channel @ 2 ohms...at 4 ohms the power output will be halved to 125 watts/channel.
For these speakers I'm probably only gonna push them with about 100 watts rms each.
I'll order a couple after I get paid in about 2 weeks. I'll post up again on how it all sounds.
Peace.
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
Nevermind what I told you earlier.  I didn't realized your setup was more for outside listening.  I don't know much about that so I can't really make a good recommendation.  All I know is you're going to need some deep-cycle batteries if you want to play loud music for any amount of time with the car off.  Good luck.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

yeah that was one of the next steps i wanna take.. didn't want to get to much ahead of myself but now that u mentiond it. why not bring it up =) anyways i've seen red yellow and blue top batteries. im guessing that has alot to do with it and a blue top is the top of the line one correct? what should i be looking for when i look for a battery? because its a deep cycle battery my alternator won't get its hair pulled right?

thanx for the replies guys..Greatly Appreciated.

aznboi3644 
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Blue top is a deep cycle for marine use but will work for car installation also.
Either the yello or blue top will work...I already have a deep cycle battery installed.
Also thats why I chose these speaker because of the high effiency so I don't need a huge amp to power them. Smaller amp means pulling less amperage = longer play time and no dead battery.
Deep cycle batteries won't kill your alternator...I have a Duralast deep cycle battery and it handles everything right now like a champ. My Duralast yellow top has more CCA than my friends Optima yellow top haha...he was wized when he found this out cuz he thought he was the doodie with an Optima yellow top.
Kinetik, Optima, or Duralast (mine baby whoo whoo) will work.
Also, Zhalverson, I will probably just leave this future setup of the pair of 10 inch full ranges in the back of my explorer just to listen to some really loud music haha...Can you say overpowering rear fill?
If it sounds good than I'll keep it in.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2006 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

hey aznboi, you know of any other websites with these kinds of speakers?

How would in-wall or ceiling speakers do? When i go to search for more speakers  they are all in cabinets already how do i find just the speaker? how do i search for them..any special keywods?

thanx man

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Try searching for "raw speakers" or "speaker components".
Deep Bass box - Page 3 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2006 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Will do...Thanx alot..appreciate that.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2006 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
You're welcome ;)
Deep Bass box - Page 3 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic