coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Why does he need so much power wire?
What is he running anyway!?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
This is a SPL vehicle where the entire premise is get as much power from the alternator to the rear batteries.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
Wayne Harris did have this to say over at Termpro.com
"... Also, don't forget to install 150-amp circuit breakers at each end of the power cable running from the front to the rear of the car. The circuit breakers will protect the vehicle in case of a short somewhere along the length of the cable"
ngsm13 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
audiocableguy wrote:
Wayne Harris did have this to say over at Termpro.com
"... Also, don't forget to install 150-amp circuit breakers at each end of the power cable running from the front to the rear of the car. The circuit breakers will protect the vehicle in case of a short somewhere along the length of the cable"
Wayne Harris indeed ;).
As stated though, take a trip to World Finals... check out the lanes ;) (Especially SuperStreet...)
nG
I use fuses sparingly.
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
Guys, lets keep this civil for him here as well please. He has made the choice to register on this site and perhaps learn and share his insight at the same time. Everyone can learn something, I do every single day.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
ngsm13 wrote:
forbidden wrote:

Perhaps Karma will get him. My crystal ball is predicting a vehicle fire regardless of how safe he thinks he is. Lets see, that is a sure fire (haha) way to also have ZERO insurance as well. I can go without that site and others no doubt. What I really find funny is that this person, who is apparantly a moderator, does not realize that he is also telling all the other people who may read the thread that it is alright to do what he is doing. It is not alright, it is dangerous. What if he is in an accident and his passenger is now trapped. The line short circuits, the vehicle is up in flames and while he may be out, his passenger is in there burning alive. All this idiot thinks about is himself. I really hope someone links to this thread for him and he reads this as well. What he is doing is wrong and dangerous. Lets see, add on a fuel leak and another car that perhaps ran a red light, now you have a much bigger problem. The single biggest danger on the road today, is the 16-25 year old male driver....with an attitude like his, now you know why.

Get this, I GUARANTEE it's not gonna happen. Remember my username, I'll still be on ca.com in 2...3...6years, and I'll have a brand spankin new truck by then.
Get over it, get over my project truck, get over yourself Mr. Middle-Aged know-it-all... glad you can predict the future as well Vehicle Fire, Poor Stereo Install - Page 3 -- posted image. what will my next dog's name be?
I'll also be around, and GUARANTEE that even if I am in a wreck... my electrical won't cause any problems. So, mark my words... and mark yours too. I'll still be around.
Anyways, learn me... learn me something...
nG

How can you guarantee some drunk driver wont run a light and slam into you? I was in a big wreck in my last truck, it ended up going end over end in a ditch, and it wasnt my fault, I had a undiagnosed medical condition that caused me to black out at the wheel. Anyways the front end of my truck crumpled and the engine actually ended up basicly in the passanger side seat. In the process it destroyed well over half my SPL system and completly severed both wires I had running to the battery in behind the sub box from the front batteries. Obviously when this kinda damage happens you can imagine I was leaking gas like mad. Now in my case I had circuit breakers at both ends of my wire and both of those breakers blew. Would my vehicle have caught fire, who knows. But what I do know is that it took over 30 minutes to cut me out of the vehicle AFTER the rescue teams arrived on the scene because they had to cut down trees to get to my vehicle and then had to basiclly peel off the roof to get me out. See where Im going with this.  If the Vehicle had caught fire its pretty much assured I would not be typing this right now. As I said in the other forum, it IS your truck and MY opinion is mine and nothing else, but I can assure you that I will never run a power wire in my vehicle without this kinda protection on it. And I can also say that I have used that conduit you are using and its great stuff, but I can guarantee you that if thats all I was depending on to protect my wire when I got into my accident, that stuff wouldnt have stood a chance.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
BTW Rob, I think he didnt ban you for telling him he should of fused, I think he banned you for calling him Trailer Trash, but I could be wrong ;)
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

ngsm13 wrote:
I'm still in the SPL phase, and competition style rubs off on me. You guys would drop dead walking into dBDrag World Finals lanes... wow. I'm talking prolly in excess of 1000ft. of 1/0, and well over 80 group31 batteries. No fuses to be seen. BUT, other precautions are taken. Why don't you go over to Termpro.com forums and criticize world champions and world record holders?

These vehicles you are talking about are not standard vehicles driven on the street, they are made for SPL contests. Being that your truck is your everyday driver it doesnt fall under the same catagory as these and hence should not have the same shortcuts taken

forbidden 
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  

Yah, my bad and I apologize to him as well. Like I said, I am a championship smart *** and tell it like it is sometimes. I earned and can take the ban, no big deal.

audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
Here's a great article/story by Wayne Harris
http://www.termpro.com/articles/powersys.html
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic