the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Best Buy Employees

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

bazzgazm wrote:
we get 90 day raises?
2 years later.. that'd be some ok back pay.

Murph wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

hold up.........installers get 90 day raises? when i came in this store when it first opened, at my very first interveiw, i was told we get a 90 day raise, a yearly reveiw, and mecp raises. our gm told us the 90 day was only for the sales/warehouse......everybody but us, people. hopefully we'll get our yearly but if the whole 90 day thing is true......back pay, here i come!!!

murph...are you 100% sure installers are eligable for a 90 day raise before i go call my gm out?

Yes one of my new installer just had to fight for his. In NET it says 90 day review and raise but the system did not promt him for a review. He used the book and leaned on managers and it got done.

When I first started I was under the assumption that I was to get a 90 review/raise, well that's what I was told on hire day....after constant bitching and leaning on the mgt they finally told me that I wasnt supposed to get one buy since they had already put it in or whatever it was a *special case*.....lol, guess I got f*ccckkedded

rtfm
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok ok nouseforaname here i am. working for big blue for 1 year now and one of these days gonna take that MECP test lol. big blue for a year and apprenticed at CMEC (local small chain in MS) for about 9 years. i love installing but seeing as how we are getting jerked around about raises and certification not 100% sure how i feel about the blue box right now. well, i'm sure things will get straighted out sooner or later and btw if they take my stapler one more time i will burn the building down...
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
bmwpwner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
oh yea, also there is another good site that i have been posting on for a while now called www.retailworker.com and look under best buy forums. just be careful because alot of the admins review that site and have posted several warnings about disclosing things such as pay rate, system loop holes, etc.
-Socrates-
jayx27 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
We dont get 90 day raises it says so in the compensation manual. I posted a more detailed response to this in the one of the other best buy threads. But if u can pressure somebody into throwing you one then more power to you, b/c i dont understand why we dont get one anyway. I just know for a fact that we arent supposed to.
jayx27 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah, but on that note I may be on my way to raises number 5, 6, and 7 within the last year if everything goes according to plan (just passed advanced mecp today, may get promoted to the empty install senior position soon, and my yearly review is coming up in september). Ive had a lot of luck with getting paid at this company in the last year, but of course I got jerked around and paid well below what i should have been making my first year here. But things are working out. Basically when you make an argument with management you have to be well educated on what you are entitled to and be able to show it to them in black and white. Between doing that and getting hr involved there's no way you wont be paid.
bmwpwner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
hey nouseforaname get back to work hehe. you might as well forget about that raise brotha. it ain't gonna happen. we might as well just make a few squirrelly, under our breathe, comments about our stapler and then burn the building down. HEHE but seriously GET BACK TO WORK!!! good luck and hope this helps.
-Socrates-
jayx27 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Danny, dont thank me thank the guy who posted the exact same thing here like 8-9 months ago. I dont even remember who that was but i swear i owe him alot.
Oh yeah, I have been with the company longer than a year (it'll be 2 years in september), Im sorry if my post was confusing. Still, I havent been here anywhere near 13. So props to Murph for that kind of staying power.
By the way here's a story that may give some of you hope. I passed the MECP advanced yesterday, walked in today with my score report and received my raise right before I got off. The ops manager asked me how much money i wanted, I said hopefully no less than a doller... Well, lets just say I got way more than a dollar. It was actually so big that he had to split it into two parts b/c the computer wouldnt let him give one raise of more than 12 percent. So there's hope for the everybody else. Its a matter of the right peices falling into the right places sometimes.
But im still only part time... which sucks...
cleophus 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  

Best Buy is your worst move.Try some high volume car dealers,lots of people hack out their aftermarket equipment and trash the factory wiring when they trade in their car.If you can restore the car to OEM u are in big demand.Expect $45-70 Hr. for prof. work.Union shops hate this kind of work and a quick to pass it on.

cleophus 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
Half the mechanics,teamsters in the twin cities were on strike at local car dealers,I am still on strike.Yes folks teamsters still exist.No union =no pay!
jayx27 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
I know what you mean, but u never know with this company... Sometimes its just a matter of time...
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic