icon

01 Audi A4, stereo system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

It does not matter if you use a one or two channel.  As long as they are 2 ohm stable. Make sure not to crank the gains too high or you could blow the sub.

The adaptors I use for connecting to a factory deck is the PAC PSI2 adjustable line output converter. Have had great luck with them, probably installed 100 this year and not one came back. We sell them for about 23 bucks. Avoid a really cheapo one because those can have problems. You can find those at almost anyplace that sells car audio.

And remember, for a one channel amp use a DVC sub with dual 4ohm voice coils. with a 2 channel you want a 4 ohm SVC or a DVC with dual 2ohm voice coils. Once you get the sub/amp combo post if you need help wiring it up. We are glad to help.

Take care.

blacka4 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 01 Audi A4 and i want to run my wires but i have a problem. The back seat folds down but there is still about a 6" section between the seat and door that i cant figure out how to remove. I tried to just pull it but got scared that i was going to break it. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
On most vehicles you first need to take out the bottom of the back seat and then there will be a bolt on the bottom of that small section then pull upward (towards the roof) and it should slide out easily. if not some also bolt from the trunk behind all the trunk liner.
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
nyvr6 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
On the side of the seat there are the leather bolsters with the metal bars that the seats lock into. Unscrew the bars, pull the bolsters off and this is the best way to run your wire's into the trunk on these vehicles. Dont really have to take backrests of but if I remember correctly they lock into a bar in the middle section, fold seats down look in lower mid section and that should be the trick.
blacka4 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

I just checked the seat and there is a bolt under the seat and it seems to slide up. The next day i get off work im going to take a stab at it. Thank you for the help guys.

blacka4 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
I cant find any wire diagrams for an 01 A4. I need a diagram for the stock symphony radio and also any diagram needed for a remote start. Thank you in advance for any info you can provide me.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Audi 2001 A4 4DR Sedan
(Remote Start / Security / GPS)
01 Audi A4, stereo system - Page 2 -- posted image. Remote start / security / GPS
Wire/Function Colour Location/Description Polarity
PASSIVE ANTI-THEFTYESTRANSPONDER SEE NOTES
12 VOLTSRedOn bottom of fuseblock +
IGNITIONBlackOn bottom of fuseblock +
ACCESSORYYellow/blackOn bottom of fuseblock +
STARTERRED / blackOn bottom of fuseblock +
STARTER 2BlueAt steering column
This wire is not always present at the ignition switch but when it is, it must be connected for remote start or the battery will not charge and the light will come on in the dash. A pulse at crank activates this wire and the wire then stays on. It can not simply be tied in to the starter circuit or the starter will grind on remote start. You must use a relay off the primary starter line to power this wire at crank.
KEY SENSERed or BROWN / redIgnition switch harness +
TACH SIGNALSee notes
Use the GREEN/ BLUE at pin-7 of the ECM located in the left rear corner of the engine compartment in a plastic casing. The signal from the injectors is very low voltage and will not work for most remote starters.
FUEL INJECTOROpposite of BLACK/ blueAt any injector on engine AC
LOCKBROWN / whiteIn driver's kickpanel -
These wires can also be found at the factory alarm under the back seat on the driver's side.
UNLOCKGray/whiteIn driver's kickpanel -
This wire requires a double pulse to unlock all the doors, the first pulse only disarms the factory alarm. These wires can also be found at the factory alarm under the back seat on the driver's side.
DOORPINBROWN / whiteIn DKP or alarm module -
These wires can also be found at the factory alarm under the back seat on the driver's side.
HOODPINGray/redAt pin or alarm module -
TRUNK PINWHITE/ blackAt light in trunk -
TRUNK RELEASEYellow/redAt release switch in dash +
FACTORY ARMArms with lock wire
FACTORY DISARMDisarms with unlock wire
BRAKESWITCHRED / blackAt switch above brake pedal +
PARKLIGHTSGray/black & Gray/redAt light switch harness +
Left & right parklights are independent and must be isolated with diodes, See TIP diagram
HAND BRAKEBROWN / whiteAt switch on base of handbrake -
HORNBROWN / yellowAt steering column -
CLUTCH SWITCHBROWN / blueAt plug above clutch pedal TYPE 2
DRIVER WINDOW UPBLACK / YELLOWAt switch in driver's door REV POL
DRIVER WINDOW DOWNYellow/blueAt switch in driver's door REV POL
PASSENGER WINDOW UPWhiteAt switch in driver's door REV POL
PASSENGER WINDOW DOWNBLACK/ greenAt switch in driver's door REV POL
LEFT REAR WINDOW UPYellow/blackAt switch in center console REV POL
LEFT REAR WINDOW DOWNBlackAt switch in center console REV POL
RIGHT REAR WINDOW UPGREEN/ YELLOWAt switch in center console REV POL
RIGHT REAR WINDOW DOWNWHITE/ blackAt switch in center console REV POL
HEADLIGHTSYellowAt light switch harness +
REVERSE LIGHTSBlue/redDKP in harness to back of vehicle +
DIMMERGray/blueAt dimmer switch in dash +
VSS WIREWHITE/ blueBehind instrument cluster
Pin-3 on the T32 connector. This wire can also be found at the ECM under the hood in the left rear corner, pin-20 on the 80-pin connector. The cruise control module behind the glove compartment also has this wire at pin-9.
01 Audi A4, stereo system - Page 2 -- posted image. Available Notes
Vehicle Notes
PLEASE NOTE: This vehicle is equipped with a TRANSPONDER passive anti-theft system. A bypass module may be available which will not require a key. Contact your supplier to find out. If one is not available to you, please see the appropriate security diagram before any remote start installation.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Is your system a Bose?

blacka4 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
No its not the bose system.
blacka4 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the diagram.