icon

04 Envoy XUV, XK01, Viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

For the locks you can match the colors from the viper to the bypass module.  The brown "ground when running wire" from the bypasskit will go to the blue/white status output on the viper alarm.  And for the door sense there is a green negative wire from the viper brain you can directly connect to the bypasskit.  Hope this helps.

fplcman 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks.. That is what I needed...

How about the Orange wire? it is for the Panic output of the alarm but input on the RX01. I can not find the Panic out on the 5900.

Thnks again.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
fplcman wrote:

How about the Orange wire? it is for the Panic output of the alarm but input on the RX01. I can not find the Panic out on the 5900.

Thnks again.

There is no panic output on the alarm. Do not connect anything to the orange of the module.
salesman98 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
I have 5 issues with a similar install. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have the same truck -'04 XUV. I ordered 2 of the Viper 5900 SST systems online and already put one into my wife's '02 Acura 3.2 TL Type S. Works fantastic! I have not tested our max range in chicago burbs, but have never had problem yet. By far the best system I ever used as far as range!
I went to install this one yesterday in the XUV and gave up after looking for the tach wire. The engine is the 5.3 V8 and the directwire sheets state the PCM is on the lower engine, front driver's side. The tach is supposed to be a white wire in a green harness. I could not see it. I will try crawling under the vehicle today. Do not know what the PCM unit looks like.
Also, I did not see any holes in the firewall to run the wires through for the tach and siren. There is a plastic cover on both sides of the firewall and did not know if it is safe to holesaw through it or not. I have 1/2" rubber grommets that should work great.   
I also was looking to use the AUX channel for the rear gate glass "express down" feature which is on the factory fob. Will this only be accessible in the rear gate module in the rear gate itself or would it be run through the BCM or some other receiver for the remote fob?
I wanted to use the Defogger on the remote and when I took off the climate control unit in the dash, I put my meter on every wire and did not find one to conntect to. It is a dual zone system with LCD display. There are 2 harnesses going into the unit. Is there another point I could conect this up to, or would I have to crack open the control unit itself and connect to the PCB?
The last thing I was wondering about was the directwire sheet listed wiring for door trigger. It listed you could use one wire at the BCM but to avoid dome light delay hook up each door wire seperate, and diode isolate. What would be bad about just using the single wire at the BCM? I don't understand why you don't ever want dome light delay.
Thanks for reading and anything you can advise on! It is getting cold these days and would like to get this system in soon!
salesman98 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Besides the 5900, I also do have the 457GW Module to connect to BCM.
salesman98 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Besides the 5900, I also do have the 457GW Module to connect to BCM.
fplcman 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

have 5 issues with a similar install. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the same truck -'04 XUV. I ordered 2 of the Viper 5900 SST systems online and already put one into my wife's '02 Acura 3.2 TL Type S. Works fantastic! I have not tested our max range in chicago burbs, but have never had problem yet. By far the best system I ever used as far as range!

I am in Chicago this week working on my alarm at the hotels…

I went to install this one yesterday in the XUV and gave up after looking for the tach wire. The engine is the 5.3 V8 and the directwire sheets state the PCM is on the lower engine, front driver's side. The tach is supposed to be a white wire in a green harness. I could not see it. I will try crawling under the vehicle today. Do not know what the PCM unit looks like. 

I found the Tach wire behind the dash.

Also, I did not see any holes in the firewall to run the wires through for the tach and siren. There is a plastic cover on both sides of the firewall and did not know if it is safe to holesaw through it or not. I have 1/2" rubber grommets that should work great.   

I was able to get through the rubber grommet. I plan to tape it up.

I also was looking to use the AUX channel for the rear gate glass "express down" feature which is on the factory fob. Will this only be accessible in the rear gate module in the rear gate itself or would it be run through the BCM or some other receiver for the remote fob?

I purchased the 529T for the window and the roof… I have not installed it…

I wanted to use the Defogger on the remote and when I took off the climate control unit in the dash, I put my meter on every wire and did not find one to conntect to. It is a dual zone system with LCD display. There are 2 harnesses going into the unit. Is there another point I could conect this up to, or would I have to crack open the control unit itself and connect to the PCB?

I purchased the bypasskit XK01 to do this.

The last thing I was wondering about was the directwire sheet listed wiring for door trigger. It listed you could use one wire at the BCM but to avoid dome light delay hook up each door wire seperate, and diode isolate. What would be bad about just using the single wire at the BCM? I don't understand why you don't ever want dome light delay.

I plan on using the BCM wire. Did you figure out how to get the BCM open?

Thanks

FplcMAn

tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
If I were you, I would just purchahse the xk01.  Its pretty much going to do everything for you and make ur installation cleaner and easier
salesman98 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info! I will check out the bypass kit. I opened up the bcm by pulling the cover (with tabs off). I think maybe I broke it and might have to get some new clips from dealer. I think this bypass kit maybe what I am looking for!
fplcman, you completed installs this week at your location? Where did you find the tach wire under dash or behind it? i did not see the rubber grommet thru the firewall. will take a closer look! thanks for the help folks!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
For tach, remove the instrument cluster. It's the only white wire there. I have found it easier to get the gray/black positive dome light wire at the overhead light above the drivers door and run it down...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic