icon

04 Envoy XUV, XK01, Viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fplcman 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  

I need some help. I installed my 5900 with the XK01 on my 04 Envoy XUV. I am sure that I have all the wires connected correctly. This is what I did:

XK01 – Brown Ground when Running to the 5900 Ground when running (H1/12)

XK01—Green and Blue (Locks) to the 5900 Green and Light Blue on the door lock harness
XK01 – Door Sense trigger output – to 5900 Green H1/8 trigger input
XK01 – Data – to Pin 2 on OBDII Purple
XK01 – Red to Power
XK01 – Ground to Ground
XK01 – Pink/White – NA
XK01 – Pink – Door trigger input for Rear doors – not yet
Xk01 – Orange – Trunk – NA

What my problem is that when I turn the alarm on the doors do not lock. When you turn the alarm off the doors do not unlock. It is Like the Xk01 is not working. I can not get the Car to start. I have 12V on the purple wire and the car sounds like it wants to turn over but does not. I cut the data wire to make sure I had a good connection.  I purchased two of the XK01 so I tried the other one… No Change. I made sure the programming was set to type 1. Any ides on what could be wrong? How can you test the data wire?

just a note: I did not wire up the lights... yet.

Thanks

FplcMan

mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
XK01 – Brown Ground when Running to the 5900 Ground when running (H1/12)
this should go to the blue status output on the little 4 pin harness on the relay pack that should fix it
blue status= ground when running
orange H1/12= ground when armed.
fplcman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

I made the change and it still did not work. I would think that the the remote start was wrong but the doors do not lock. It has to be the XK01.

What else can I do?

Thanks

FplcMan

fplcman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  

Anymore help on this?

Thanks

FplcMan

bry21317 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

I also just installed an XK01 yesterday with my 03 Burban, and the doors are not locking.  I did get my Car to start and that is working, but My Doors will not lock or unlock by the Remote.  I also have a Bulldog Security Deluxe 500 Remote Starter, so there is a difference to your Install.

I did notice while I was sitting in the car, when I started it from the remote, that it did lock the doors after a few seconds, so I am sorta stumped on this also.  I will be calling the company to ask them about this on my issue.  Just wanted to let you know, I was running into close to the same thing as you are.

Bryan

fplcman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

Did you do anything with the Keysense wire?

I was going to connect it to the Pink - 200mA 3rd ignition output. I was think that the XK01 took care of it but it must not.

Thanks

FplcMan

bry21317 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

I just talked to Bulldog Securtiy's techs and the Door Lock problem on mine is because mine has a 6 pin harness for the door locks.  I have to use the wiring diagram in my manual as a Type B  Negative Trigger, this means that I hae to ground the wires that would normally go to the relay (87) in parenthesis.  On my system these wires are H6/3(blue / YELLOW wire) and H6/5(GREEN/ YELLOW wire).

Maybe this will help you.  Not sure about your not starting though.  I used a Bypass moduel, 791 from Bulldog to get around the security/Passlock 2 system and then used this XK01.  I wired it all up, started the car this morning and drove it to work, before I ever tried the Remote start.  I didn't finish installing until late last night and didn't want to try it, so I left it alone, even though it was about to kill me.  It fires right up and once I ground these 2 wires, I hope all my door locks will work no problem.  Then I should be good to go.

Bryan

bry21317 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

I did not do anything with the Keysense wire.  My immobilizer did not need this wire. I also just asked the Tech at Bulldog about this, if It was needed for my install or not, and he said if your immobilizer didn't need it then no. 

On my immobilizer Here is what I hooked up, the Blue Wire, it told me to connect to the Ignition Negative or Security Bypass out wires.  I could not find this.  I finally connected it to my H7/1 Ignition 3 control output since it was -200ma. In my manual it states that this wire becomes active 4 seconds before the Remote Star unit initializes and remains grounded while running, so I figured it fit perfect for what I needed it to do.  Obviously it worked for me.

What imobilizer do you have?  You must have one other than just the XK01, as this will not bypass the security.  If you are missing this piece, I saw the one that I purchased from Bulldog at Autozone for about $25.  It is working fine for me.  It is the 791 Learning model.  Here is a link to their website: http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/ then click on Security Bypass Modules, then it is showing as the 791, very first item.

For this all I had to do was hook up this blue wire to the wire I stated above (Ignition 3 200ma Negative Output), the Red to 12v, black to ground, Orange to the Black wire coming out of the Key Cylinder, Yellow to the Passlock Yellow wire coming out of the key cylinder.  I then just tied up the Purple and Green wires as they were not needed.

There are many others, this is just the one that I used as it was all from the Same company.

Hope this helps.

Bryan

fplcman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

I did not use a immobilizer because on the Envoy the XK01 does this:

*On select GM vehicles equipped with either Passlock 2 or Passkey 3, Platform#01 will even temporarily bypass the factory immobilizer system via data when remote starting. 

I plan on working on it after work.  The 5900 had the right door outputs I needed for the XK01. I sent an email to bypasskit.com. I hope they can help.

Thanks for your help...

Steve

fplcman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

I did not use a immobilizer because on the Envoy the XK01 does this:

*On select GM vehicles equipped with either Passlock 2 or Passkey 3, Platform#01 will even temporarily bypass the factory immobilizer system via data when remote starting. 

I plan on working on it after work.  The 5900 had the right door outputs I needed for the XK01. I sent an email to bypasskit.com. I hope they can help.

Thanks for your help...

Steve

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic