the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start in an 07 ion3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

I just bought a 2007 Saturn Ion3 sedan and I'm looking into different remote start systems. I was wondering (and I think the answer to this question is "yes") if a 06-07 Ion3 uses the typical GM Passlock II system. If so, I'd guess that I would need a DEI 555L (or comparable item by another company) to do a quick and easy install of a remote start system. Can anyone think of anything else? What about the keyless side... anything particular about that?

I searched for a wiring diagram on the12volt but didnt find anything past 2005. Does anyone have one?

Thanks ahead of time...

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Most Ions use the hybrid Passlock circuit where a 555L will not work... use a 556L or better yet a PLJX from trilogix.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
They simply call it "Passlock" on the Ion.
It's a different system from Passlock I or Passlock II.
The 555L should work fine, though. I use the nearly-identical Audiovox AS-GM4 on those cars with no trouble.
You can also use a resistor and a relay, although it takes longer. If you search the www.carsound.com/forum security forum, you should be able to find the resistor method.
DEI has a special bulletin about how to use the 555L on the Ion, as well.
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Using 555L with ion
Cruisin Security And Sounds
Fosgate3 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the input.
Fosgate3 
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

im thinking of doing a Prestige 996A on my 07 Saturn Ion3. is the setup the same as what would be seen in an 04 impala as far as additional modules are concerned? i put a Harada HCS-900 in my wife's car and needed only a module to interface into the passlock system. i cant remember what module that was though. is there anything i could get that would interface into the car and make the install easier? to be honest, im not as up on the technology as i used to be... comes with stepping out of the game of installing for a while!

thanks ahead of time!

customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
This vehicle has a special version of passlock 2 that one wire controls the starter, accessory and passlock resistance. The dei 555lw and the bypasskit.com plxr are what you need.
My rifle is my friend...
Fosgate3 
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

In regard to the last comment, am I reading right: I need *both* a DEI 555LW  and  a plxr for the car? or just one or the other? The DEI module is what I've used before in the past with the Impala referenced above.

Anything significant with the door locks or are they designed as typically seen in GM vehicles?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
You only need one Passlock bypass. 555L will do it. Not familiar with the PJLX, but regardless, if you buy one, you don't need the other.
When you install your APS-996A, remember that there isn't a way for the aftermarket unit to control the Saturn's factory alarm.
Set the factory remotes aside and stop using them. Also couldn't hurt to get out the Saturn's owner's manual and go into programming and disable the factory alarm altogether.
dwbarger 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Look into the bypasskit XK810 unit it is a remote starter with all bypass and doorlock features all in one that runs throught the data. I think the unit is available for the Saturn. It is an upgradeable unit.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic