the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start in an 07 ion3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the info. i ended up getting the 555LW by DEI. Anything different about the door locks?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
Here's the fastest/easiest/simplest way to do the locks. I install Audiovox every day, and do a lot of Saturns.
First, locate the car's lock/unlock wire. It's white. You can get it coming in from the driver's door, but also along the doorsill running to the rear of the car, with the parking light and brake wires. It's going to be a lot easier to get it in the doorsill.
It'll test as a straight ground when you press lock on the door panel, and a partial ground for unlock.
From your 996, get the following things: The 4-pin auxillary harness, the 3-pin doorlock harness, the package of resistors, and the diode pack (the diode pack is in the black shrink tubing, packaged with the on/off control switch.)
From the resistor pack, take the resistor with the lowest value......it's all the way on one end of the pack......measures around 3-400 ohms if you're using a meter. Discard the rest.
On that diode pack, it has one end with a single wire, and another end with two wires. Cut off ONE wire from the double end, discard it, and tape off the exposed wire coming from the diode.
You DON'T need the following:
From the lock harness: red-lock, RED / black-second unlock
From the four-pin harness: BLACK/ blue, BLACK/ red, BLACK / YELLOW.
(Unless you choose to use the BLACK/ red to pulse the car's doorpin wire, to shut off the Saturn's radio after remote start shutdown.....but the radio times out after a little while anyway.)
Take the green unlock wire, connect it to the resistor.....connect the other side of the resistor to the SINGLE end of the diode pack.......connect the other end of the diode pack to the white wire in the car.
Take the GREEN/ black pulse-after-start wire, and connect it DIRECTLY to the white wire in the car, with NO diodes, relays, or resistors.
Although the GREEN/ black pulses after starting, it also pulses when you press Lock on the transmitter. Just remember that every time you remote start the car, it's going to also lock itself.
P.S. Again, don't forget to turn off the Saturn alarm. When you enter the Saturn's programming menu, you have to listen for a chime...........if you keep the door closed and the seatbelt fastened, you won't be distracted by the belt/door chimes.
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
double check on the key itself some of the new gms have a new style of passlock ( if the key has a plus on it just under the plastic it requires 2 bypasses a 555L and a 556U it is a pain in the ass but it can be done
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

someone wrote that you cant interface with the factory alarm that is not quite true it is possible however it is quite tricky because it uses RF frequency it must be done via the factory remote if you are willing to you can hook up you arm and disarm wires from the aftermarket starter  to the factory remote and it will trigger the lock and arm as well as the unlock and disarm i have done this it is a pain in the ass but the customer i i did it for was willing to pay for it so i am always willing to try

this is just a side note and i wouldnt recomend this to someone just starting you risk messing up the factory remote if you dont test the wires 100%

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic