icon

advice needed, any and all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

hey man! lay off buddy. i mean i k now i don't have the greatest system in the world, but it sure beats the piss out of some of those set ups... as far as the ultimates go, i get into this alot over them, keeping in mind i live in canada, and i've never even heard of some of those american companies yet, i personaly think that my ultimates are pretty good, like you said they sound like cheap generic speakers? comee onnnnnnnn...... what? sony? kenwood? jbl?  they can kick the #%^$ outta alot of the crap out there on the market.

like i dont have equalizers and signal processors all that crap, but for what i'm runnin, ya gotta gimmie some credit. it goes people with little setups that run thier amp for thier subs from thier rear ch pre out, then people like me that do what they can, then the hardcore that can't control themselves lol. its all good though.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

hey man, being Canadian is no excuse...I am Canadian too...btw, Focal is made in France, not the states, heh...

more constructively, you would probably be better off spending your money on nicer equipment, and not focusing on stereo "rice" so to speak...like putting your laptop into your car and using it as some kind of master control unit...decks are designed as control units, and not so much as slave untis...

I dont really want to "pick on" you here, but when you say this - "but hey what the hell, i ran out of things to waste money on, you car stereo nuts know how it is!" - and then tell me you are running Ultimate components and a Kenwood amp, I really start to question things...like I said, you would be better off saving up some more money and buying some different equipment...my personal thoughts on those Ultimates is that they are rather bland and not very musical at all...and Im not a very big fan of the Kenwood amps either...they are kind of OK, but just not to my taste...

beerstud136 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
alright well then gimmie some advice, eventualy i'll be gettin rid of my car and hopefully the stereo goes with it, so how do you feel about brands like concept, focal, planet audio and boss?
beerstud136 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
alright well then gimmie some advice, eventualy i'll be gettin rid of my car and hopefully the stereo goes with it, so how do you feel about brands like concept, focal, planet audio, eclipse and boss?
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

Focal makes nice speakers...Concept is a decent name as well, and their big class D puts out good power, especially for the money...I like some of Eclipse's stuff, not so much the speakers or amps, but the Titanium sub line gets pretty loud while maintaining clean sound...I havent had a lot of experience with PA, but I do know that the Big Bang amps were pretty cool when they first came out...lotsa power there...and I would never ever waste a single penny on anything that had the Boss logo on it...under any circumstance...if it had Boss on it and that was all I could afford at the time, I would do without until I could save enough to purchase something better...

keep in mind that these are all personal opinions, and most are based on having firsthand experience in using the products myself...if anyone disagrees with me, thats not an issue for me, because we are all entitled to out own opinions...you have yours and I obviously have mine...dont hesitate to ask any other questions really, like I said before, I am not trying to pick you apart beerstud, but am trying to guide you...I am pretty sure you would notice a huge difference and be much happier just to go with Focals lowest PolyGlass line of speakers...they have great midbass and will far outperform the Ultimate speakers you have in your car now...other speaker lines to look at in the same quality range are MB Quart, a/d/s/, Rainbow, AVI, and Image Dynamics...all very nice sounding speakers, some are just a little different from others, and it depends on what music you listen to which might be better for you...

SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
oh boy.. a pissing contest!!!!
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic