icon

Remote Wire Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audi_fizzle 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
I setup a amp and 2-12" Subs in the trunk of my 2000 Audi A6 w/ Bose Symphony Stereo. I used the installation by RedGoat as a guide ( http://www.audiforums.com/m_318162/tm.htm if you aren't familiar ). The Amp is having issues getting the remote signal from the factory amp. I checked the connection from the factory amp and the remote wire I setup was not getting power. I disconnected the remote I tapped. Then tested my amp by using an ordinary switch. Connected one side with a wire to the amps power in, connected the other side to the amps remote in. When I flipped the switch on the amp was powered and worked fine. I used it like this for a while but am currently tired of manually turning the amp on and off everytime I go in and out the car. Using a tester I checked the factory amp wiring harness (unplugged) to see if I tapped the wrong remote wire to begin with (the white one). I tested the power (RED / blue) and the power was coming steady with the car on or off. I tested the remote (white) and was getting a pulsing signal with the car turned on/off. While the pulsing is going on, I also get a ticking noise from the factory amp. Any ideas on whats going on?
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
run it to the radios acc wire.
audi_fizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
just tried that, no luck. It is reacting the same way the factory amps wire is.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
Many of those German makes have a barrier strip accessible if you drop the under dash. You can test for accessory/ignition there- no need to even tap into a wire, just crimp a lug onto your wire, and hook it up.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
audi_fizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
i'll look for that, thanks
gsam321 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
What about trying a low voltage trigger from that amp wire? It is nice haveing the amp turn on and off with the radio.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
try a relay or the acc wire...I know in my explorer my alpine deck's remote wire isn't strong enough to turn on the factory amp and my sub amp so I put a relay behind the dash
audi_fizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
I think I have the same problem the remote isnt strong enough to turn on both. Im kinda new to this though (the troubleshooting part, usually everything works the first time) so I will need more info on the ways to do it so I do things correctly. If you have time please explain it to a noob
87toytacmrylol 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
hey where do i hook my anp remote wire? do i hook it 2 the blue antena wire behind the cd player? 1 i hook the power wire 2 the amp, i hooked the rca cables and the remote wire. the red [protect] light comes on but cant get it 2 workRemote Wire Issue -- posted image..  I have a 600 watt 4 channle dual amp, dual cd player, and a 600 watt pioneer sub. and oh yea one time i hooked my sub up and the sub made a thump sound it went in then cam out but no sound someone wanna help me with this it would be greatRemote Wire Issue -- posted image.. either im me on aim at seanoboy08nlve or my e-mail shpb1000@aol.com. thx hope somethen comes up from u guys.
shawn need help
ricoshay 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

options: acc wire on HU, power antenae wire, radio fuse on vehicle, power generating hamster wheel.Remote Wire Issue -- posted image.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic