icon

Which sub is better, louder?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kmgraphix 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I am currently running one 12 L7 Kicker sub powered by a kicker ZX750.1 and am vary haapy with as of right now, but as everyone eles, I want it louder.
I am probably going to be transfering this current system out my jeep and into a jetta... Once i've done that I will probably going to be starting from scratch on the jeep to make it a killer system, new wiring and everything.
First I want to have dual subs this time and I will be making a custom fiberglass box for the new babies... Now it I have been debating on what thumpers I should perchase... The price wont really matter becuase they are already around the same price.
1. Kicker Solo X (10 or 12, not sure, dont know which is why im posting)
2. JL Audio 13 W7
3. MTX Thunder SuperWoofer T9500 (Size 12 Or 15, Dont know the company as much so dont know how these are)
Personally I like Kicker the most, but that is the only company I have used soo far, but I am willing to change.
I am not looking to go SPL, but just something that I drive around with listening to loud music and something to show off...
Once I have choosen the subs, then I will look into the amps, like I said, I am currently running a Kicker ZX750.1 for the sub and a ZX350.4 for the components, and my next project, I want it to alot louder than what i have right now whic is pretty loud...
If anyone has any other sub recommendation please let me know, but I just picked the ones off the top of my head, and from what I have witnessed are one of the best ones out, except for the Big Ass MoFo's like the SoloX 18 and the Jackhammer, but I dont have the $$ for those, nor do I need something with the amount of power..
Thank you your time!!
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
tc-sounds, great products.  just getting ready to order two of their 12's myself, or 15's, not sure yet
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
FI, RE Audio, Memphis Mojos, Adire Audio subs
kmgraphix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I was looking around and came across a great price for the Kicker Solo X, $300 for the 10" model, and $350 for the 12" model... Excep I am still wondering if I should get the 10" model, or should I spend the extra $50 and get the 12"... THey are both rated and 2500 Watts RMS though, so I am wondering if there will be any difference between the 2 sizes since they still hold the same amoint of power??? Will it be louder or will there just be more air pressure???
Also I still have no clue what OHM means?
Should I get the the 1 OHM or 2 OHM, what is the difference and what does it change if anything....
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
unless you plan to run a total of 2000 RMS for the 10 or 3000 rms to the 12, upgrade to get another L7
The Solo X subs take a top of power to get loud!
trust me on this, for the power you have and are looking to possibly get I would stay with the L7's
Ur upgrade your power slightly and geta pair of 2006 L5's   they will get louder on the L7's untill you get to about 1200Rms per woofer
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
I just noticed you said you wanted dual subs, so you can double the RMS figures I said before.
as far as what impedance (ohms) to get, it depends on the amp you plan to run....with the current amp you have you could not even move either the 10 or 12 Solo X
with the L5's or L7's you would want to match you impedance to the lowest reccomended on your amp
are you planning on upgrading amps? Alternator? wire size? ect ect?
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
kmgraphix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah i know, like i said, i am probably going to be transfering my current set up into another car, sub, amp, speakers, wire, (except speaker wire b/c its 16ga monster cable, thats the only thing that is saying in the car.. If i were to get the Solo X's i would prolly get 2 ZX 2500., one for each sub... as to the ohms, i dont know what they are capiable of yet, didnt do the reasearch...
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
The W7 is in a different league than these other woofers IMO. If you just want something that gets loud, i would pass it up
kmgraphix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
coppellstereo wrote:
The W7 is in a different league than these other woofers IMO. If you just want something that gets loud, i would pass it up
Then what is different about the W7?? I want something that gets loud, but still has good sound quality...
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

for sq i would go with the w7.

two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic