icon

05 pacifica wont start with key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ls1nova 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't checked that.  All the lights, heater, ect. comes on when I turn the key on so I didn't think it would be popped.
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
check the fuses like splaudio said. i had the same problem once and somehow a mini spade 30amp fuse popped under the hood. it was a fuse that i would have never thought to check.  check the main power wire at the ignition harness. if there is nothing there, run a fused wire directly from the battery to the power wire and try starting it. if it starts, you know its just a fuse you have to find. the ignition and acc wires are on their own circuit so if a fuse pops on the main power wire, the lights, heater, etc should still come on.
ls1nova 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

Just checked everything.  Ign shows 12v, starter, and power are all good.  I checked the fuses anyway and they are all good.  I'm lost now.  It must be the security.

Frank

ls1nova 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

well, I got it figured out.  It was the dumbest thing.  When I pushed my wire tool through the rubber gromet, I cut 1 single wire, and it just happened to be the yellow start wire.  What are the odds of that!  It's a tool that looks like a screwdriver that is hollow that you can push through rubber to run the wires out.

Thanks for the help guys!

Frank

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic