icon

us manufactured mobile electronics equipm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
82urq 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
From what people have come up with so far I would say less then 1 percentus manufactured mobile electronics equipm - Page 2 -- posted image.
supersix4 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

csnut18 wrote:
Are you sure memphis car audio is not manufactured in the us? I was almost positive it was

Why not just contact them and ask??

inflames989 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
kicker is manufactured in the U.S. I know that because my dealer only sells U.S. subs and because it says it right on the website
Kicker.com wrote:
KICKER Car Audio products are designed and manufactured by Stillwater Designs, headquartered in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
ericgee 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Kicker.com wrote:
KICKER Car Audio products are designed and manufactured by Stillwater Designs, headquartered in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

ericgee wrote:
Kicker.com wrote:

Designed and manufactured means designed and built. Right?

David Fancher
USACi World Finals 2006
4th Place SQ PRO 601+
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Well, what it REALLY says is the Stillwater Designs is headquartered in Stillwater, OK. It does NOT say that it does not have MANUFACTURING FACILITIES in other places in the world.
Manufactured BY, yes. Headquartered IN, yes. But manufactured IN? Nope. Says nothing of the sort.
For it to MEAN that, it should say Designed by Stillwater Designs, and manufactured by Stillwater Designs IN Stillwater, OK.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
JL Audio only assembles thier high end drivers in Miramar, Flordia. Thier amplifiers and most of their speakers were orginally manufactured in Taiwan and now they are manufactured in China. They made this switch when they released thier first amplifier line (the venerable 'slash' series of amps) and revamped their speaker offerings back in like 99.
McIntosh makes it a point of pride to me completely made in America. When you pay some 2 large for a 4 channel then that sort of a thing is possible.
CDT is the only other company I know of that is designed and manufactured in the US. California no less.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
I really want to buy a US AMPS product but their 5 channel amp is 1000 dollars. I can get a 5 channel amp from kicker for under 300 bucks and that has the same exact power ratings. Thats over three kicker for the price of one us amp. I know the us amps are prob better but in the overall picture kicker is a well known brand so i cant justify the massive price difference
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
loosingmymind wrote:

ericgee wrote:
Kicker.com wrote:

Designed and manufactured means designed and built. Right?

As much as I love Kicker, and use thier product.   They still are made in china.    Have a kicker product near you?   read the fine print,
us manufactured mobile electronics equipm - Page 2 -- posted image.
have a Master case of kicker product READ THE BIG LABEL ON THE SIDE!
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
And I suppose you can check these too, yes the fine print from left to right........rolls of 1/0 wire MADE IN CHINA Kicker Zx1500.1's MADE IN CHINA Kicker S10L7D2 MADE IN CHINA   Kicker S12L5D2 MADE IN CHINA
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic