icon

us manufactured mobile electronics equipm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
I know cdt makes stuff here but they are sooooooo expensive. I can't afford that.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

csnut18 wrote:
I will try and get a 5 channel us amps amp. Now if I could only find speakers manufactured here that would be wonderful. Also i deffinetly here your arguments that this exporting of manufacturing is not destroying the country or anything but if there are products made here why shouldn't I buy them? If ford and GM make good stuff why not make an extra effort to get something from here?

Who told you Ford and GM make good stuff? I think they might have been pulling your chain.

I'll tell you why you don't have to always buy american made products, for example some of the finest sounding speakers come from Europe. Morel, Dynaudio, Rainbow, Focal. These brands speak for them selves. CDT, pfff.

csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Also have you guys heard of elemental designs? I have been seeing a lot of them lately and they are completely manufactured in Iowa.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

Are you sure I can't make you feel better about buying something imported?  Here, think of it this way:

You sound like you might be worried about the trade deficit with China or something.  First of all, when we buy things from China at a positive rate for China, that means China is accumulating dollars right?  What does China do with those dollars?  (Well, up until two weeks ago) It buys T-Bills from the US treasury WITH DOLLARS.  This means that they sell us actual stuff in return for dollars, then they give us the dollars back in exchange for our debt.  We get the money *back*

Now, as China acculumates American debt, what happens to American dollars?  Well, like any debtor, our credit rating... in terms of international exchange this is the dollar... goes down.  This is why the dollar has been declining in value in recent years.  We owe everyone money.

Forget not, this is a cycle, so as our dollar drops in value, the (this is very important) RELATIVE VALUE of the dollar vs. other currencies ALSO DROPS.  This means the amount of debt we have drops because the dollar is now worth LESS.  Now, as the dollar is worth LESS (this is also very important) our EXPORTS become CHEAPER and IMPORTS become more EXPENSIVE....

This means that American products will become less expensive abroad, and imports will be more expensive at home, which of course will stimulate domestic and international demand and then will stimulate the manufacturing sector, and thus save the jobs or whatever that you're worried about. 

So buy an imported stereo.  You'll be glad you did. us manufactured mobile electronics equipm - Page 4 -- posted image.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
loosingmymind 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

Sedate! You nailed it! Bravo! That is the best economic explination for the purchase of imported product that I have ever heard! I love Sony which falls under your expl. But you raise a good point. Ultimately the product will speak for it's self; but that was an awesome response for relieving the fear of of foreign product! One of the best responses i've read in a while! Thank you.

Dave 

David Fancher
USACi World Finals 2006
4th Place SQ PRO 601+
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic