italian_virus wrote:
ahahhaha
cause i already have another amp thats fosgate
and 2 caps,
plus its a good deal
cant go wronggg
lol

ROFL!

I was wondering why you'd spout some garbage about a RANE32 then yap about a Fosgate amp!

I dunno what this thing is anyway.  This is a product designed for the 12v consumer?

http://www.wwbw.com/Rane-AC23-i13146.music?mr:referralID=7760898e-7588-42aa-9ed7-1a26a2688c27

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
demon_510 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

italian_virus wrote:
ahahhaha
cause i already have another amp thats fosgate
and 2 caps,
plus its a good deal
cant go wronggg
lol

ROFL!

I was wondering why you'd spout some garbage about a RANE32 then yap about a Fosgate amp!

I dunno what this thing is anyway.  This is a product designed for the 12v consumer?

http://www.wwbw.com/Rane-AC23-i13146.music?mr:referralID=7760898e-7588-42aa-9ed7-1a26a2688c27

? are you half asleep when you wrote that?  You dont know what a Rane AC23 X over is? 

my Rane AC23 is studio quality pro audio gear that is converted for 12v use?  As far as amps are concerned I would bet some serious money that I could win a few SQ competitions with a Fosgate amp and some decent speakers.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Rane makes some pretty respectabel pieces, I just don't think many hear about them all that often. Don' t they offer optical outs some of their models?
demon_510 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

dwarren wrote:
Rane makes some pretty respectabel pieces, I just don't think many hear about them all that often. Don' t they offer optical outs some of their models?

not to sure about some of there new stuff, I have had Rane AC23 and ME30's for about 12+ years.  I even had an Alesis MEQ 230 for a while.  The Rane equipment took 1/4" jacks but was easy enough to convert over to RCA's with an adapter.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

italian_virus wrote:
like i said before clarity is important, i want a nice, crisp, clean sound

Then good god man why are you getting a Fosgate amp?

I second that emotion... Fosbreak is NOT where you want to go for a "nice, crisp, clean, sound". PERIOD. Just because you have one for the bass, that DOESN'T mean you have to use one for your highs, as well. Fosgate is one of the LAST "high-end" (and I use the term EXCEPTIONALLY loosely, perhaps "semi-respected" is a better choice, as I have never thought Fosgate qualified for such a moniker) amplifiers I would choose for running components. I have rarely heard WORSE highs from an amplifier... Their slew rate is FAR too slow to be accurate beyond (around) 12 to 15kHz.
Oh, and the Rane piece? WHY? By the time you spend for the QUALITY power supply it will need to provide it CLEAN 60Hz AC power, why wouldn't you simply put a device in designed to run on 12 volts? They DO exist, ya know.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
This is why I love for haemphyst to reply on things, he gives straight up honesty and doesn't hold back!! I triple the Rockford statement, they have continuosly gone downhill over the years. I liked them back in the early to mid '90's but have no use for them now when there are so many quality companies out there that put them to shame. You want clarity, Diamond Audio and Eclipse are two I have used and are hard to beat, and I'm sure there are plenty more out there, probably even better.
demon_510 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  

tdsteele wrote:
This is why I love for haemphyst to reply on things, he gives straight up honesty and doesn't hold back!! I triple the Rockford statement, they have continuosly gone downhill over the years. I liked them back in the early to mid '90's but have no use for them now when there are so many quality companies out there that put them to shame. You want clarity, Diamond Audio and Eclipse are two I have used and are hard to beat, and I'm sure there are plenty more out there, probably even better.

Best combination of amps and components are what I run, Focal 165 K2P's and My Zapco C2K's.  I couldnt be happier with them, this is of course my opinion.

italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
i spoke nothing in terms of RANE32.. lol
haha fair enough gentlemen i take your opinions into consideration. BUT this is my buddies amp, he had it in the car for about a month before his car crapped out on him, he wants 150$, for a 1200W 4 channel amp( i will get the model # by the weekend) money is a little hard to come by so at this present time im not to picky.
HMm so from the input provided.. RANE32, Eclipse, Focal & Diamond are good front component speakers.. the question is anyone know where in the GTA i can get them for a good deal??
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Ok Italian, this topic got a little off subject. Rane32 is not speakers so leave that one out. Focals are probably one of the best, and the price of them reflects that. Eclipse does have good sounding ones, as do Diamond, but when I mentioned Eclipse and Diamond, I was refering to there amps. From what I have researched, CDT Audio are great too, and affordable, at least from an online store they are (fixing to order some for my new setup). And I'll ask a dumb question..what is GTA?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic