icon

2001 dodge ram 1500 valet 712t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
js305 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a Valet 712T keyless entry and plan to install it in a 2001 dodge ram 1500 extended cab which has factory power locks. Looking for specific wiring information (or where to find it). Only interested in lock/unlock and a second device (electric lock on a toolbox).
Thanks for any assistance.
Joe in Texas
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
DEI lists:
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - DODGE / RAM PICKUP / 2001 / Keyless Entry
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts      red and pink/black       +       ignition harness
Starter      yellow       +       ignition harness
Ignition      dk. blue       +       ignition harness
Power Lock      ORANGE / purple       5wi      driver door harness
Notes: Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is ORANGE / green, unlock is pink/green.
Power Unlock      pink/purple       5wi      driver door harness
Notes: Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is ORANGE / green, unlock is pink/green.
Lock Motor      ORANGE / black             driver door harness
Unlock Motor      pink/black             driver door harness
Parking Lights+      BLACK / YELLOW             headlight switch
Parking Lights-                 
Hazards                 
Turn Signal(L)                 
Turn Signal(R)                 
Door Trigger      yellow       -       headlight switch or DKP
Notes: To avoid dome delay, use tan for the drivers door and BLACK/ lt. blue for the passenger door. Both wires are located at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column. Use both wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision      use door trigger            
Trunk/Hatch Release                 
Power Sliding Door                 
Factory Alarm Arm      lt. GREEN/ orange       -       driver door harness
Notes: Arm is negative trigger thru a 644 ohm resistor. Disarm is negative trigger through a 1.5K (1500) ohm resistor. MUST use relays.
Factory Alarm Disarm      same wire            
Disarm No Unlock                 
Horn Trigger      BLACK/ red       -       steering column
Memory Seat 1                 
Memory Seat 2                 
Memory Seat 3                 
Interface Module:      Category:
Immobilizer Bypass      Required:
No      Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available
warning      
This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
js305 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2007 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Followup on the 2001 Dodge pickup: I decided not to install the unit I was asking about. Instead, I found an OEM module and wiring harness that came with detailed instructions. Yes, it cost more but now my truck is still OEM and the original wiring is all intact. I'm not afraid to hack into anything but as complicated as the newer vehicles have become it isn't wise to experiment.
Thank you for the reply and the information. It was most helpful in my decision making.
Joe in Texas

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic