icon

voltage problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stitch176917 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
yeah its 1 ohm stable. This may be a dumb question but how do i set the output voltage
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

wormy did you look at the link that I posted a couple of pages ago....

just you wait till I get home, i'm gonna make you 1 ohm stable if you don't start reading whole posts. voltage problems - Page 4 -- posted image.

I'm starting to go on the vote that he should just go get a new amplifier... or if nothing else send this one off for repairs. And I mean to the manufacturer, not the pawn shop repair guy. I tend to be an angry judgemental person when it comes to amps going crazy on me. I usually cause them destruction and find a new amp from a new company...

but then again, they have told me i'm an angry unstable young man.... I think I just know the fastest solutions.

Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
stitch176917 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Lol, yeah its going in to the local shop tomorrow at lunch. and its already posted for sale =P buying a Hifonics 2500
wormy 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

Wow...lol.  Okay...

I told you how to test the output voltage in two other posts in this thread, but I put it down one more time just because I'm bored...lol.

Switch the multimeter to AC voltage.  Unplug the speakers.  Turn on the radio and let it play a 30 Hz sine wave.  While the sine wave is playing, test the speaker outputs.  Turn up or down the amplifier gain until the multimeter reads 11.54 volts.  Actually, that voltage is for two speakers at 4 ohms.  That voltage seeing that impedance would deliver approximately 533 watts which should be an unclipped signal.  If you want the voltage for two speakers at 1 ohm that would achieve 1000 watts, then set the amplifier output voltage to 31.62 volts.

If you don't know what a sine wave is, then just let me know and I will explain and I'm sure jazzcustom131 would be more than happy to hunt you one down.  It doesn't have to be 30 Hz.  If you plan on playing lower notes, then just let me know.

The reason I'm telling you to use a sine wave as low as 30 Hz is because that will be the frequency that asks for the most power.  You don't want to set the amplifier using a 50 Hz sine wave because if you are delivering 1000 watts at 50 Hz then 30 Hz will want more than 1000 watts which might cause the amplifier to clip.

Stick with that 150 amp fuse in front of the amplifier.  I know its kind of high, but its only there to protect your vehicle.  It should blow before the wire melts...at least I would hope.

Oh, and look into upgrading your big 3.

...typically, I just run whatever I randomly pick up off the floor.
1995 Ford Ranger Supercab
MECA member
Team CSS
wormy 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
If you need help setting the other amplifiers, output gain then just get word to me and I will be more than happy to help.  If you can't reach me here then send me a message at www.myspace.com/theinstallbay with the name of the thread that you started for the Hifonics and I will do my best to help you out. 
...typically, I just run whatever I randomly pick up off the floor.
1995 Ford Ranger Supercab
MECA member
Team CSS
stitch176917 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

ok, Yeah i know what a sine wave is i've got a handfull of test tone cd's but the lowest i've got is 33Hz, il do what you told me and il let ya know how things go,  I'l try it after the shops done with it though. just incase it is a problem with the amp. I do have the big 3 already done,

Even after the amp is fixed i'l be looking into getting a new amp. after all that it kinda makes me wanna change to get a fresh start.

Thanks everyone for helping.

jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
if you're interested in own 20- 33Hz, zip me your email address. Or heck, i'll just send you 20-80... simpler that away
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic