Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dstang24 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
will_22_82 wrote:

I upgraded  further on my system.

added 2 15's 4 more amps one more alternator plus 8 more batteries.

All toll:

6 15 JBl GTI'S

12 4000w memphis mojo amps will push over 5k though

12 1800 amp 16 volt batteries

2 300 amp alternators

regulator for 16 volt and charging system for extra watts

concrete dash, floor and ported box

Should be ready in 2-3 weeks due to install

Don't have a prediction on the dbs, but it will  be huge

Remember Mike bartells had 4 jbl gtis/ 4 6000w amps pushing 8k each vs scott owens has 155,000watts 13 12" pioneer premiere, both hitting close scores

I'm not so sure you'll come too close to the record... Is the whole vehicle going to be FULLY reinforced?  A vehicle with the SPL you're setting your eyes on has many many many modifications to handle the extreme pressure and keep the sound IN.  If it is reinforced, like a tank, then we're talkin' .  Good luck!

Oh, by the way... Mr. Scott Owens is my boss and I'm sitting about 20 ft away from the F250. 

Team Edge Audio
will_22_82 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
yeah it will be totally reinforced
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
also i didn't say i would but maybe. anything is possible. look at the guy who hit a 155.1 the vids  on another forum. But this score was not official because they could not get the mic to stay still. he used the same mic as scott. if your 20 ft from the truck send some pics so we can check it out. I am sending pics as it is completed. I have the equipment, except I need 12 more batteries though.
dstang24 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

What type of glass do you plan on using?  Filler for the panels?  I'm no expert, but 2-3 weeks for a fully reinforced SPL vehicle seems a little quick.  It takes a lot of time to tune it and to fill the panels, etc.  Both Kyle and Scott constantly rebuild the Scion and Ford.  Don't get me wrong, though, I'm excited to see up and coming competitors. 

On the picture note, I'll do ya one better... Here's a link to our webpage.  All the pics ya want.  www.teamedgeaudio.com  There is a picture of our trophy room on our myspace, and a few other show cars.  www.myspace.com/edgeaudio I think it's funny how people are always skeptical.  HAHA!  If you really want concrete proof I can take a picture next to the truck in the back and send it via picture message to your telly. 

One other thing... Scott isn't using 13 woofers any more.  That's all I'm allowed to say so don't ask how many!  Kyle, of course, is using 2.

Team Edge Audio
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

I know prob. a little longer on the install

also it was a 185.1 but it was unofficial

will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
I seen the 9 12's in his f-250 with the 36 amps
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
dstang24 wrote:

What type of glass do you plan on using?  Filler for the panels?  I'm no expert, but 2-3 weeks for a fully reinforced SPL vehicle seems a little quick.  It takes a lot of time to tune it and to fill the panels, etc.  Both Kyle and Scott constantly rebuild the Scion and Ford.  Don't get me wrong, though, I'm excited to see up and coming competitors. 

On the picture note, I'll do ya one better... Here's a link to our webpage.  All the pics ya want.  www.teamedgeaudio.com  There is a picture of our trophy room on our myspace, and a few other show cars.  www.myspace.com/edgeaudio I think it's funny how people are always skeptical.  HAHA!  If you really want concrete proof I can take a picture next to the truck in the back and send it via picture message to your telly. 

One other thing... Scott isn't using 13 woofers any more.  That's all I'm allowed to say so don't ask how many!  Kyle, of course, is using 2.

i KNOW THE ANSWERS......man its nice being a USACi judge.
get to some sanctioned shows and put up some numbers, I have my 160+ where is your?   hehe
using 10's no concrete, no reinforment, just wood and FG.   6 batts, and 6 amps
may set a new record - Page 3 -- posted image.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
I was waiting for you to chime in Jeff. Until further notice you are still the SPL guy on this forum.
There is no such thing as free installation!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

will_22_82 wrote:
also it was a 185.1 but it was unofficial

OK, time for me to call BS.  First, "unofficial" is the same thing as "never happened."  And second, the official world's record is still Scott Owens' 180.5 as far as I know.  Someone here will correct me (I hope they do) if I'm wrong since I'm really not an SPL guy.  But I do know that if you hit 185.1 anywhere near a calibrated mic, everyone would know your name by now.

Support the12volt.com
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
http://http://aftermarketproductions.ca/viewtopic.php?t=604 here is the link to a forum that has the vid of the guy hitting 185.1 no bs
Page of 12

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic