may set a new record

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
will_22_82 wrote:
I am running into a few questions I don't have the answers to. First can I make the front windshield less shallow and bring it in more? Can the middle console extend from the dash to the wall? Or within a inch of the wall? Knowing the rule anything attahed to it(the wall) cannot exceed less then 20 inches of the steering wheel? Also when measuring  20 inches from the steering wheel to the wall, can I disconnect the steering wheel then go from that point or does it have to be attached then go from there? The passenger side can it use all min. requirements? Meaning bring in the dash to 20 in. from the wall? If a driver seat is designed to help the pressure flow in conjunction with the center console can that be used during burps?
It all depends on what organization you plan to run in, I am not familiar with meca's rules, but you can find the USACi Super Mod and DB drag EX rules here   http://www.soundoff.org/supportfiles/07splrules.pdf
the reason I say you will need to use the EXtream or super modified rules, is you are replacing the OEM glass, and also modifing the area forward of the b pillar.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
will_22_82 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
When redesigning the dash can it come towards the a pillar and if so how much?
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
will_22_82 wrote:
When redesigning the dash can it come towards the a pillar and if so how much?
again depends on what organization you plan to run in.   both usaci and db drag have the same super modified rules or extream rules, which are posted in the link I posted before.   The rules state that there must be a minimum clearance from the front of the baffle to the dash area
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
cant go past the a pillar
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2007 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
gonna post more pics soon there has been some progress. They have finished rebarring the dash almost  completely. Put a few bracing in the window for the plexy glass, still need more though. Should have more pics monday.
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2007 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
maximum spl outta ashland, ky is doing all the work. They are some great guys and very good at what they do. If anyone wants to stop by if ya in the area.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 17, 2007 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

I read all six pages of this thread...... there are a few of you guys that impress me a BUNCH. You guys know who you are. I came up with the same thoughts. PICTURES.... I know NOTHING about SPL, but sounds like a lot of "smoke".... No pun intended.   I hear talk, talk, talk.....and see nothing? I can get some pictures of a ton of product, as well as a number of vehicles dismantled.

will_22_82, get some pictures up. Make the photo files small. may set a new record - Page 6 -- posted image. I'm not really impressed by all the chat.... The visual aspect is needed for me, and more people here than have said. I need the education.... help us out, get some pics.

hustlin247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

I read all six pages of this thread...... there are a few of you guys that impress me a BUNCH. You guys know who you are. I came up with the same thoughts. PICTURES.... I know NOTHING about SPL, but sounds like a lot of "smoke".... No pun intended.   I hear talk, talk, talk.....and see nothing? I can get some pictures of a ton of product, as well as a number of vehicles dismantled.

will_22_82, get some pictures up. Make the photo files small. may set a new record - Page 6 -- posted image. I'm not really impressed by all the chat.... The visual aspect is needed for me, and more people here than have said. I need the education.... help us out, get some pics.

I read all 6 pages! Now give us pics please! Nowhere in those pages did I see what kind of car you were putting this in? Or did I overlook it...

'94 Ford Explorer / Kenwood KVT-815DVD / RF Power T1682C 6x8 (all doors) / RF Power T10001 / 12" Kicker L5 (x4) / Optima Yellow Top Battery
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
You own the same car. lol
There is no such thing as free installation!
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

may set a new record - Page 6 -- posted image.

The vechile i a 93 ford explorer

Page of 12

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic