icon

window module with no alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
corsasri 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 5:08 AM / IP Logged  

some one probably know how to do this. i want to fit a window closure to my car but want to know how to get them to work with out an alarm. as normaly most alarms have a wire that goes to earth when armed and so closing the windows.  maybe i a relay or something that is wired to my central door locking.

so that my windows will close whem my car is locked using the factory remote and dose not have an alarm system fitted

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
If we knew what kind of a vehicle you had, it would be much easier to help you.
corsasri 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2007 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
i have a brand new smart  forwo that was only released to the public on the 15 of september the 1.0ltr turbo version
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2007 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  

I couldn't find anything on a Smart Forwo  but I did find this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Smart_Fortwo_Cabrio.JPG     Would this be similar to what you are driving?

init 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2007 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
The trick would be telling the window module to close the windows only when the factory remote is used.  If you had the windows down and locked the doors, and you wired in the window rollup module to activate when the door lock wire is active, then the windows would roll up, too.
I'm not a professional installer. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  

Go to the fusebox/body control unit, find the lock motor wire, it will sit on ground and go live for about 1sec when you actuate the locks.

Use that wire to activate a timer such as the DEI unit (908d?) , set for 2 secs longer than it takes to close your windows, then control a DEI 529t window closer from this. N.B. if this vehicle has factory ignition controlled centrasl locking you will need another relay to isolate, otherwise your windows will close when vehicle locks.

eric-tech 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

personnaly i would never use a dei pulse timer to do window rollup du to the fact that some vehicles, even when the window is up won't stop the motors as long as you press on the window button.  this means tha if your window is half down, the pulse timer will keep on giving power to the windows even if they are up.  meaning that the motors will force for nothing resulting in motors breaking down faster and they may malfunction...

use window roll up module as it has a current limitation circuit.  hook on the lock circuit of oem keyless or ground when armed output from an after market alarm or remote starter.

eric

Take your time, a solution is just around the corner :-)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Eric-Tech, sorry but either I wrote it wrong or you didn't read what I said, the pulse timer was simply to give 5-8 secs from a one second lock pulse, the 529t would be the closer unit.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic