icon

phoenix gold ti 800.1 not hittin hard

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think you know what you're talking about when it comes to ohms and impedance loads on the amps.

Here lies the problem. You could've been overloading the 600.2 while underloading the 800.1.

What is the exact model # of your subs, and how many are you using. I think we need to start over from scratch here.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
kurray 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
2-JL 15"  15W3v2-D2 
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

Yes lets load your amps down  wait till it clips and blow the amp, sounds good. It has already been stated that the amp you changed over to is not putting out much more power than your other amp. It takes twice the power to gain 3db of sound. One double the amp power or your cone area. Or you can get a custom box built for those speakers that might make a difference. It cost a good deal of money to play really loud. PG amps just don't put out the power they claim. Spend the money it takes if your after more bass. Then you will need to make a few change's to your charging system, take it from me I have fried 3 alternator's because I was over working them.

Here are a few amps that will out perform your current amp.  Yea they cost more but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. Notice they put out there power at 4ohms it's all the same. If you don't have the funds just be happy with what you have now work some over time then get one of them. You'll be a lot happier then.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?showAll=N&g=120&i=13610001V2&c=3&tp=115&avf=N

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=PDX-1.1000

mennitti 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  

My $.02

PG is not good quality at all anymore.  We dropped the line at our store after the nightmare service issues with the Tantrum line.  10-15 years ago they were good.  The amps are WAY over rated in their power output, the short-lived ti elite speaker line was WAY over rated in their power handling abilities.  I had a trunk full of Tantrum amps which supposedly put out 1,724 watts.  I replaced the amps after each one went back to service at least twice with Concept amps.  Concept is a newer company created by the guy who used to design PG amps when they were good.  The difference is no comparison.  The amount of power the new amps put out is insanely more than what the PG claimed they did, and you can abuse the Concepts all you want without them ever overheating and going into protection.

You should consider selling your amps on eBay and buying a decent brand name.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic