icon

2004 ford escape, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pasthelp 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Installed a remote start on my 2004 ford escape I need to install the 1100F bypass but I do not quite understand the wiring I think I can get the ground, constant hot, ignition input, and ground when running from the  remote start but I do not understand where to get the TX and RX from. The directions are confusing. It shows a plug for the 2004 escape but it dosent say where the plug is or how to find it. Can anybody tell my how to find the TX and the RX ecm wier on a 2004 ford escape. And am I correct about getting the other wiers from the Remote start.
know it all trucker
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
The RX and TX wires (along with a ground and igniton) will be in a green 4 pin plug around the key cylinder. There is a factory transponder ring around the key cylinder that this plugs into. Yes the other wires you mentioned can be used on the remote starter itself.
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

I thought it may be the small plug that is pluged in behind the cylinder but it looks nothing like the picture on the directions they give you it also says 1. is ground 2. is ignition 3. is TX and 4. is RX do you know if that is correct.

And one more thing I am sure the remote start is connected correctly but when I try to use it it just turnes everything on you here the fule pump, than it just clicks. I know it will not start without the bypass but shouldent the starter turn and just not start. ?

know it all trucker
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2007 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

dose anybody know what I should be looking for as far as locating the RX and TX  wire on the ignition plug. what will I be looking for on my multi meter to know wich is wich ?

know it all trucker
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
dose anybody know what I should be looking for as far as locating the RX and TX  wire on the ignition plug. what will I be looking for on my multi meter to know wich is wich ?
know it all trucker
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
what year??? but if it is the same body as the 01 then it i a green plug right at the key cylinder basically, with four wires coming out of it. click here for thorough instructions
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
it is a 04
know it all trucker
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
ok well the link i posted has all the years so look on the chart then scroll to the third page and see what connector type u have
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you
know it all trucker
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote start in my 2004 ford escape all works well. The only problem is that it is a cheap unit and the antenna is simply a 6 inch wire comming out of the unit. if I where to add about a foot of copper wier on to the end and run it up and out of the dash would that help the range. Or dose sombody els have a better idea  THANKS
know it all trucker
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic