icon

2004 ford escape, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pasthelp 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Installed a remote start made by Ready start by directed electronics. it is simply a remote start not a remote keyless entry. I do have keyless entry but almost everytime I remote start the car the panic alarm oes off and the remote keyless entry dose not function I have to put the key in the door and turn it to make it stop beeping. Dose anybody know what I have missed in connecting the remote start ? by the way it is a 2004 ford escape and the modle # of the remote start is 24921
know it all trucker
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
let me try this from a different way the remote start I have dose not have keyless entry however I have a factory keyless entry . When I remote start the car the panic alarm goes off and the factory keyless entry dose nothing. I cannot find anything in the book on this dose anybody have a clue how to fix the problem 2004 ford escape with a ready remote 24921 by directed electronics THANKS
know it all trucker
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
You need to send a pulse to the disarm wire in the kick i'm not sure what the colour is though. I think PURPLE / blue it should meter with you turning the key in the door.
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
the remote start book indicates a WHITE/ blue wire that states .< Not reqierd unless trying into an existing keyless entry or alarm system with an auxiliary output.> than my escape wiering shows a pink and white wier for power door lock and unlock  do I use these two I dont see a disarm lock wire. or would the disarm wire be the one that activates when I turn the key lock ?
know it all trucker
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
and will it meter a negative pulse or posative I think negative ?
know it all trucker
lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

you are looking for a wire off the remote start brain that is labled something like factory disarm, then you find the wire in the car it should be a dark blue/light green and it should be a negative wire. says its at the GEM module, 26-Pin Plug, Pin 19 wire will test about 12volts and then drop when you turn the key in the outside door cylinder.

it may also be a case where when the ignition is on, the factory keyless will not work. i dont know of any way around it.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
pasthelp wrote:
let me try this from a different way the remote start I have dose not have keyless entry however I have a factory keyless entry . When I remote start the car the panic alarm goes off and the factory keyless entry dose nothing. I cannot find anything in the book on this dose anybody have a clue how to fix the problem 2004 ford escape with a ready remote 24921 by directed electronics THANKS
ok well your factory alarm disarm has been mentioned above but as far as your keyless goes when your car is turned on then the factory key fob is dead(it is a factory safety??? thing in many cars) You may be able to make it work but in my experience it is not really possible(but i could be wrong)
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
I just remembered an important side note. When you hook into the factory disarm you are going to see your locks unlock once your remote starter starts(this disarms your factory alarm) so basically once you hook up your disarm you are going to need to program your unit to rearm or lock your doors after start(probably have to hook up the rearm wire). I know on mine it takes about 2-5sec for it to relock after start-up.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
As others have already posted you need to hook up the factory alarm disarm output to the factory alarm disarm wire in the vehicle. To expand a little on this the 24921 looks very much like the BOA 265B. If this is the same you will have a light/green black wire H1/2 this wire sends a negative pulse right before engaging the remote start and unlocking. This is your factory alarm disarm output, connect this to the dark blue/light green wire in the kick panel that goes to ground when you unlock the driver's door with a key.
pasthelp wrote:
the remote start book indicates a WHITE/ blue wire that states .< Not reqierd unless trying into an existing keyless entry or alarm system with an auxiliary output.> than my escape wiering shows a pink and white wier for power door lock and unlock do I use these two I dont see a disarm lock wire. or would the disarm wire be the one that activates when I turn the key lock ?
The WHITE/ blue is a wire that if it sees a negative pulse will activate the remote start. In your particular case this connection is not required, insulate it and mount it out of the way. The vehicle's disarm wire is the wire you describe here, it goes to ground when turning the key cylinder in the door to unlock.
perly wrote:
ok well your factory alarm disarm has been mentioned above but as far as your keyless goes when your car is turned on then the factory key fob is dead(it is a factory safety??? thing in many cars) You may be able to make it work but in my experience it is not really possible(but i could be wrong)
Are you sure this is the case with the Escape? I can not recall the Escape specifically but most (if not all) Ford remotes work fine when the vehicle is running under remote start.
perly wrote:
I just remembered an important side note. When you hook into the factory disarm you are going to see your locks unlock once your remote starter starts(this disarms your factory alarm) so basically once you hook up your disarm you are going to need to program your unit to rearm or lock your doors after start(probably have to hook up the rearm wire). I know on mine it takes about 2-5sec for it to relock after start-up.
Again, are you sure this applies to the Ford Escape? I do not recall ever seeing a Ford that unlocks with a factory alarm disarm wire. This normally applies to vehicles like some Honda's that arm and disarm the factory alarm with lock and unlock, or on a system that does not have independent arm/disarm outputs.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
pasthelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
i am prety sure it can be done I took my girlfreinds 2008 ford escape to a local place they installed a unit and the keyless entry works fine while the car is running in remote start mode ?
know it all trucker
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic