the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Setting Up Front Imaging

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
Being as it is a mid driver, that should be a perfectly adequate volume. If you can spray a bit of damping on the interior of the mid's volume, or line it with a felt, that'll help. You'll be putting some amount of stuffing in there, as well. Not much, but some. That'll help keep that small volume from ringing, especially considering the frequencies you will be running!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

sounds great. did you get to go over the amps and everything I listed?

I'll be making the rings tomorrow and hopefully positioning them. obviously the mid and tweet need to be at the same angle, but would it mater if I mounted the tweeter say 2" off the panel, the mid 3-4" off the panel and the woofer 4-5" off the panel? I want to have a "stepdown" look to the panel if it's possible. I hope you can make sense of what I'm saying. Also, from the drawing you put on here, would it be okay to move the tweeter more forward and the woofer backward? basically put it in the same line but have the woofer low left and the tweet high right? Yet again, I hope that makes sense.

I've got to go get a respirator... that mdf and fiberglass dust is gonna end up hurtin me... later dave!

...don't crush the weasel...
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
So, you are wanting the woofer to intrude more deeply into the cabin (4-5 inches) than the tweeter (1-2 inches)? Won't be necessary, if I am understnding you to be saying...
I'd really like to see you keep more "tipped", array-wise, rather than vertical. If you can keep the woofer and mid from firing directly into the seat, and sucking up a grand portion of their output, I think you'll be OK, tipping the other direction, or moving toward a "vertical" line... In fact, thinking about it again, it might be even a little bit better, as the path lengths will be closer to each other in length... Equal path lengths, goooood!
Keep em out of the seat, and I think you'll be OK...
Actually I have been on vacation (last week) and my EMR blew up today, so I wasn't able to check in very much... I'll be deciding on amplifier assignments probably tonight! ;) Didja get your subs, yet? (NM... you said you were going to order those later...)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

I promise they will deffinetly not be firing into the seats! Might as well stick with the MA if I was gonna do that! hahaha! I pulled out the molds at work yesterday and the speakers are going to fit. I tried making some rings today with my rotory tool ( didn't work I need a router!) so I've hit another little set back, but it'll get taken care of.  

Mmmmm... Vacation! I wish I had the time built up at work to take one. I've got to wait til july for my week off.... been thinking about going to vegas... but I'm sure theres way too much to get a 22yr old in trouble there! hahaha

EMR blew up? that's no good! I take it you are in the medical field?

ya, If the bills allow it I'm going to order the daytons on the last day of the month (payday!). Do you think If I called up parts express and played the "whats the best you can do on those" game they would budge any? lol! thanks dave!

haemphyst 
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
Any word yet?
Yep... Healthcare. IT Manager, Operations/HIPAA/OSHA/Safety officer... It sucks, but the pay is OK... LOL
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  

haemph wrote:
Healthcare . . . .It sucks, but the pay is OK

Heh the one part of the economy that is still growing and nice inflationary clip!

At least ya won't get laid off anytime soon!

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
haemphyst 
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

haemph wrote:
Healthcare . . . .It sucks, but the pay is OK

Heh the one part of the economy that is still growing and nice inflationary clip!

At least ya won't get laid off anytime soon!

True dat, but my pay won't be going up to keep up with the cost of living, either...
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
daytons are on their way! so where do we go now?
haemphyst 
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Not leaving you hanging! I'll have info today or tomorrow!
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
take your time bro! I had an employee quit so I'm workin his hours on top of mine so progress is going a little slow till I get to hire someone new. Thanks Dave!
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic