icon

Setting Up Front Imaging

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

the daytons are in bro! these things look killer!

...don't crush the weasel...
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Sa-WHEET! I'll plug the numbers into JBL tonight, as well as complete the formulation of our plan of attack! Post the published parameters (they should be on a paper with the woofers) as many of them as you have - the more you can provide, the more predictable the results! Also, give me an idea of the volume you want to "spend" for your enclosures... That'll be better than me "chasing". Knowing what exactly you can spare as far as volume is concerned will let me work with that!
Sing as you are heading toward SQ in the doors, are you wanting a similar type of response for the subs, as well?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2008 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

are you wanting the parameters from the daytons only or on all the speakers???

I'm in a '97 tahoe 4 door so I can spare tons of room for a pair of 12's... Yes, I would love to keep the SQ side of the subs, but I'm not going to lie, I love feeling those lows in my chest! I like LOUD and CLEAN!!!

I do haul around a 4 10" bass cab every once in awhile so I could give up to 6 cuft for an enclosure. I'd go a little more if need be, but I'd prefer somewhere from 4-6cuft. I'll work on getting those numbers up, I just didn't know If you wanted just the subs, or all the speakers I've obtained!

thanks bro!

haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
Just the parameters of the woofers. That'll be fine!
Gawd... I wish *I* had 6 cubes to "spare" for a sub! Setting Up Front Imaging - Page 6 -- posted image. My entire CABIN isn't 6 cubes!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  

i had all those papers on my desk at work and it looks like my assistant manager "cleaned up" yesterday afternoon...

This is from daytons website....

RSS315HF-4 12" High Fidelity Subwoofer Specifications

• Power handling: 400 watts RMS/700 watts max
  • VCdia: 2-1/2"
  • Le: .95 mH
  • Impedance: 4 ohms
  • Re: 3.3 ohms
  • Frequency range: 23 - 1,000 Hz
  • Fs: 23 Hz
  • SPL: 89 dB 2.83 V/1m
  • Vas: 3.00 cu. ft.
  • Qms: 3.00
  • Qes: .52
  • Xmax: 14mm
  • Dimensions:
    Overall Diameter: 12-3/8"
    Cutout Diameter: 11-1/8"
    Mounting Depth: 5-3/8"

He says he didn't throw them away, so I'm still looking. I'll post them when i find them. I'm not sure if those are all the numbers you are needing, but it's what I could come up with at the moment. Let me know if that's not what you need.

Thanks dave!

haemphyst 
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
I'll run with those... If you find the papers, and they are different at all, let me know, otherwise I'll have a plot for you today!
haemphyst 
Posted: April 11, 2008 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
OK... Here's what I've got. I've double checked these numbers, too... I like!
You said you had volume to spare, and these'll love it if you can give 'em as much space as you have!
These are a WAY sealed woofer...
Anywhere between .9 and 3.3 cubic feet, with heavy stuffing (defined as .5 pounds per cubic foot) will give VERY good response and output to well below 30Hz (in car). Three cubes sealed will give you an enclosure resonance of 30Hz, and 10mS worst case group delay. (20Hz is about a 7mS group delay - thaz niieze) SWEET! I'm also seeing a thermally limited output of 119dB for one, 125dB for two 12's @ 400 watts each, RMS! With cabin gain, I expect you'll be able to see 108+ at 20Hz.
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2008 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
do the subs need to share a chamber or be divided? I'll be more than happy to give them 3.3 cuft a piece! time to hit the drawing board!!!! I LOVE THIS PART!!!!!
haemphyst 
Posted: April 11, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'd divide em... You have PM.
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2008 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

I located the papers that came with the subs.... the only thing they sent was a billing sheet.... didn't have any parameters with them at all, so I guess we can rely on daytons website. I've allowed for .12 cuft for sub displacement and will build each chamber to 3.45cuft. This things gonna be unreal!!! I'm going to my dad's sunday to route new rings and whatnot... I've got my modivation back! thanks dave!

Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic