icon

Setting Up Front Imaging

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

just got through with glassing the sealed section. hopefully tomorrow I will be able to mount the TB ring, cover, and glass again. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

...don't crush the weasel...
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

took a trip to my home town and stayed too long.... pods will be worked on tomorrow...

Hey Dave, what would you recommend for the crossover points on all these speakers? Thanks man!

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
tubbs04 wrote:
took a trip to my home town and stayed too long.... pods will be worked on tomorrow...
Ain't that always the way? (Ya didn't put your bike in a DITCH, tho, did ya? LOL )
tubbs04 wrote:
Hey Dave, what would you recommend for the crossover points on all these speakers? Thanks man!

Subs set around 50-80, as steep as possible (hopefully at LEAST 24dB). Kinda what I had in mind for the doors was 50/80-200 (maybe 300), 200/300 to 3500, and 3500 and up. The Silver Flutes will be handling the brunt of the load, but I think they're up to it. If I can run my 4 inch Vifas (20 watt power handling with 165 watts on tap) on that same range, the 'Flutes'll do just fine. I know you are aiming specifically at SQ, so I'm not terribly worried about compromising output. I am worried about sound power.
I get PLENTY loud, and I think you will as well.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

LOL.... no bike in ditch THIS time! Just got to bs'n with friends and then it turned into a party, then it turned into the next day... lol!

I'm still waiting on the 4xs in the mail. I'll hopefully get to mount the 6.5 rings today and get back to glassing.

I'm sure this will get plenty loud for me. Hell, I'm runing one set of 6.5 components up front w/ the 2 daytons in the back and it will scream!

tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2008 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
the 4xs is in.... 6.5 rings are mounted..... the pods are ready to be wrapped and glassed again... I'm ready to get my new cables and power wire ran so I can hook these up finally!!!!
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2008 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
BTW... Pics! Pics! Setting Up Front Imaging - Page 8 -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2008 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

Setting Up Front Imaging - Page 8 -- posted image.

This is as far as I've gotten... I need to finish getting it wrapped so I can finish glassing it. I'm freakin excited!!!

haemphyst 
Posted: May 02, 2008 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
DUDE! Those look totally cool! Keep it up! I'm excited, and it's not my build! Setting Up Front Imaging - Page 8 -- posted image.
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2008 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
hey, YOU'VE put PLENTY of time into this project. I wouldn't have even known where to start with this if you hadn't helped me. I seriously appreciate it! I'll keep posting pics of the build... I'll hopefully start the sub box next week!
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2008 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

hey dave! I opened up this 4xs and it says the crossover is at 150, the front PFM filter has 90hz written on it, the rear/2 ch PFM filter has 30hz written on it, and the subwoofer is at 70.

Are these okay??

Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic