icon

remote start, 1994 mazda rx7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thunda_hawg 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

1. the light flash is usaully at fuse or light switch and controls the parking light flash when you press the "lock unlock buttond" usually this is positve but confirm with a DMM. to switchthe polarity of the alrm output oft his wire use the jumper or other provision IAW the manual.

2.usually a type of switch for emrgency shut doen of remote start in case brake switch malfunctions I believe . on some DEI's and all ungo's this would usually be a black and white wire about 18ga or so \9bot the one on the main harness for a different purpose) dont quote on that though. this is some times the "on/off switch wire"

3 this wire activates the interior wire via the provision in the car sometimes this conected the the door trigge. I dont think it pertains to this vehicle but its used to activate the map light when you activate remote start or open th e car.

4 no its negative trigger and should be strong enough to set off factory relay careful though your cuttting aroud the CPU or the airbag either way you go about interfacing it ( i'd go with the column)

5 should be labeled input(ignition side) and output(starterside) usually have to cut the wire as it also acts as a starter kill.

7 thse are all the outputs to different relays that control accessories or parts of the cars when the car is in remote mode( window roll dwn  ignition relay etc)

8 not on this car unless you plan on putting multiple sensors on the system for the alrm section the stater sytem shoud be solated if its the one im thinking off the top of my head.

if you haev factory power locks (many did not) just find the  negative pulse wire that sets the lock and unlock off.(you may be able to do this via the factory arm and disarm but dont quote me) I dont usually come across FD's with power locks so a factory diagram should help.

If you dont know how to test for wire polarity I suggest you read up on it before you attempt this install. again the data should be correct but better safe then sorry.

good luck

also if you have the 13bTT make sure you program the tubo timer if you dont already have one . I have an fc TT and it works great .

89' 240sx
Rockford t8004
boston z6 comp.
eclipse 3432
polk MM 8"
Taylor owes Joe a Sandwich
thunda_hawg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

PS you dont need the turbo timer provision if you already have a trbo timer(greddy or the like) I have an ungo sr9000 it seems to work pretty good

89' 240sx
Rockford t8004
boston z6 comp.
eclipse 3432
polk MM 8"
katit 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2008 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

Great! I think I'm all set. Just need to clarify on how to detect (-) or (+) circuit :)

I had Greddy turbo-timer which I sold in favor of this new system. Paid $70 shipped for Viper and Greddy was $50 :)

FD doors use "slave" system. I think all FD's like that. Drivers door does not have actuator and passenger door does. Passenger door automatically opens when you open driver door with a key. Driver door won't open if you open passenger door with a key. Weird, but this is what it is. People just put 1 actuator on drivers door and it trips factory switch which actuates passenger door. So, for progressive - some modifications to OEM stuff will be needed. Not additions.

katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2008 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

For #2 from instruction:

This input comes from the factory set to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecutive ground pulses on the WHITE/ blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate. The same holds true for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the button twice for the remote start to activate or deactivate.

Do I need to do anything with it?

thunda_hawg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
yes connect it to an on/off switcha valet style one if you have it one that springs back) and conect that to ground. used a secondary on switch when you dont have a remote or to turn vehicle off if the brake switch malfunctions during remote start.
89' 240sx
Rockford t8004
boston z6 comp.
eclipse 3432
polk MM 8"
katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Will it function if I don't connect this wire?
thunda_hawg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
depends on he system but I usually put it in for safety sake
89' 240sx
Rockford t8004
boston z6 comp.
eclipse 3432
polk MM 8"
katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

System has valet switch push button. This is something else. Not sure what it means with all those pulses.

I also have on/off toggle switch in a package with loose wires and no mentioning where to connect it.

thunda_hawg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

thats for the main activaton wire I believe its bla and white on the harness w/ the tach sense and brake switch input this is for something else it just shows that valet type switch is necessary to allow pulsaing of the ground

89' 240sx
Rockford t8004
boston z6 comp.
eclipse 3432
polk MM 8"
katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, I got it. That on-off switch for BLACK/ white neutral switch. So, I don't need it as I will use neutral switch for that.

Do you think this input for pulsating necessary for system operation? If they didn't include button and didn't provide any more details - then maybe I don't need it? Kind of optional feature?

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic