icon

2008 Ford F-350, Omega RS-4LX Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boulderbronco 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
No dice.  Tried three more times.  I tried reseting it, I tried unpluging everything and plugging it all back in in the exact order they say.  It's just not working properly.  I checked my wifes 05 F150 to verify that I am not crazy.  Hers works great.  Nothing happens when you hit the brake on hers, which is what should happen on mine.  I tested her ign. #1 and ign. #2 outputs when hitting the brake and got no reading.  Which is obviously normal.  But on mine I get 12v+ when I hit the brake or when my hood pin grounds.  That just doesn't make sense.  It's like the RS's internals are reversed or something.  I think my next step may be to take the RS brain out of my wifes truck and put it in mine.  If it works I know the RS I have is no good.   What else could it be?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
I'm probably clutching at straws here but apart from checking everything with the wiring diagramme in your other hand have you run a DMM over everything with special attention to your grounding?  Sorry to teach you how to suck eggs if you've already done this.
boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
I'm probably clutching at straws here but apart from checking everything with the wiring diagramme in your other hand have you run a DMM over everything with special attention to your grounding?  Sorry to teach you how to suck eggs if you've already done this.

Suck eggs?  I don't think I have ever heard that one before.  Well like you said I have checked all my connections.  There are only a few.  I have the red to the battery and black to a good ground.  I have the blue and yellow both to ign. #1 as they both have identical outputs and they both need to be connected and my truck has no ign. #2.  The white I actually do not have connected yet but it's just a flashing light output.  Then the green I have to my starter wire.  On the other harness I have violet and green to the brake and hood pin respectively.  Orange I am not using, Pink is to the grey wire from my keyless, Grey is not yet connected to my glow light but that does not matter for the testing, Blue, Brown, White, Blue, Yellow are not used.  The only wires I need to actually get it to work are five of the six on the main harness and the brake, hood and trigger wires on the aux. harness. 

But again the problem is the brake and hood pin activating the blue and yellow ign. outputs.  So if I have just the brake and hood pin hooked up from the aux. harness, and the 12v+, ground ign. #1 and ign. #2 hooked up from the main harness, I still have the problem of the ign. wires being activated.  I just don't get it.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
If you have the same exact module in your wife's truck, verify that the wires on the harness are in the same locations on both units.  They have been known to put some wires in the wrong location.
boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
If you have the same exact module in your wife's truck, verify that the wires on the harness are in the same locations on both units.  They have been known to put some wires in the wrong location.

You mean the wrong location in the harness?  The labels are the same on both harnesses and the wires are in the right places.  Seems like the RS board could be wiRED / soldered wrong.  Seems like maybe my activation wire from the keyless should maybe be switched with the hood pin wire.  Because again when the hood pin grounds it activates the ign. outputs.  Wait.  Man I'm getting confused thinking about all this.  Basically I think the RS brain is wired incorrectly.  The 12v+ from the brake pedal should deactivate the ign. not activate it.  Same with the ground from the hood pin.  It should deactivate the ign. not activate it. 

i am an idiot 
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  

Are there wires coming out of the brain that go to a plug?   Most of the units i have seen have a socket soldered directly to the board of the unit.  If the harness you are talking about plugs into another harness coming out of the brain, you need to check those wires too.   If the harness plugs into a socket that is mounted to the circuit board, the only way they could get that wrong is if there was a revision that they forgot to do on your module.  

If you are going to remove a module and try it in the other vehicel, I think it would be safer to try your module in her vehicle.  We do not know if there is something wired wrong in your vehicle that could have taken your unit out.  I and I am sure you would not like to try hers in yours and take it out too.  If your unit is damaged it will act in hers as it does in yours. 

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

This is exatly what I have. 

http://www.autotechs.com/images/item402_1.jpg

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/uploads/rs-4lx.pdf

The main harness has spade terminals that are labeled on the RS unit and they just plug in.  The aux. harness is exatly as you see here in the pic and on the diagram and it just plugs in as a whole unit.  I find it real hard to believe the internals of the RS are wrong or reversed.  But I guess I am out of options.  Time to take out my wifes and try it in mine.

i am an idiot 
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

If you are going to remove a module and try it in the other vehicle, I think it would be safer to try your module in her vehicle.  We do not know if there is something wired wrong in your vehicle that could have taken your unit out.  I and I am sure you would not like to try hers in yours and take it out too.  If your unit is damaged it will act in hers as it does in yours. 

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:

If you are going to remove a module and try it in the other vehicle, I think it would be safer to try your module in her vehicle.  We do not know if there is something wired wrong in your vehicle that could have taken your unit out.  I and I am sure you would not like to try hers in yours and take it out too.  If your unit is damaged it will act in hers as it does in yours. 

Good point.  I somehow missed that when you said it earlier.  I will do that.  I can't do it right now though.  I will get to it later today.

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Now I am more confused.  I unplugged her unit, and plugged mine into her truck.  Same thing.  When I hit the brake on her truck it activated the ignition.  So I have a bad unit right?  Well hold on.  I plugged her unit back in and it would not work. again.  So I tried running the "DataLearn" procedure and it would not program.  So I figured I would just reset the whole unit and re-program it with the "DataLearn" procedure.  Got it reset and went to hit the brake to run the "DataLearn" and it kicked on the ign. just like it's been doing in mine.  What the hell?  So now hers is doing the exact same thing mine is.  I don't get it.  I am really not sure what that tells me.  Both units can't be bad as my wifes worked fine before this.  Somehow reseting it is making it do this maybe?  I am just so confused.  So now hers will not work at all and I am in the same cituation with both units.  What is going on?  I know it's frowned upon but I am about to post a new topic on this to see if I can get some more help/responses. 
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic