icon

2008 Ford F-350, Omega RS-4LX Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
yes its true. i've installed oodles and oodles of these and i just got sick of them doing that to me. but its true also, once there in and working they are nice little units. ive use the 528t with these for the diesel delay alot. also the relay diagram i posted works with these units too. good luck man.
boulderbronco 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

mikvot wrote:
And once you get past this step....here's a little tip... You don't need a tach wire at all.( as long as your system is capable of voltage sense ) your truck sees a starter input it will crank till it starts. Man I love the new Fords.

Man.  I thought I was good.  Not so.  Now it will not stay running.  The techies think it's because it's not sensing the required change in voltage from the battery.  Ok.  So they tell me to use the tach mode.  Well I tried that but I dont' think there is a good tach wire to tap into.  I have tested all the wires that the diagrams show and am not finding what I am suposed to find.  The tech at Omega said it was a blue/white wire with a pigtail on the end.  There are a bunch of these under the dash for accessories and other stuff.  But when I test it with my DMM it does not show any change in voltage when I hit the gas.  Man I am tired of trying to figure this out.  So does anyone have any suggestions?  mikvot did you install an RS on an 08 recently?  It worked? 

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Go back to my earlier post and read what I said about inductiive pickups from DEI especially for diesel vehicles.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

dude, dude, dude.........howie ll, i am an idiot, why do you keep confusing this poor guy even more? boulderbronco, i told you..... those damn omega RS-4LX units do this all the dang time. i've installed several hundred with OEM keyless systems, which im sure is what your trying to do right boulderbronco?? they will 6 out of 10 times pull this s&!t and its not the unit! it not the install! its the order it is programed for the neutral safety. if its not done in the order it wants it to be done it takes the 12v input and turns on the ignition when you press the brake, or ground the hood pin wire to let you know that ist not programed. i've had them do this so many times and me getting sick of it that i quit installing them. i actually didnt know they even made it anymore. if you call omega and give them your exact vehicle, they will walk you through the exact programming procedure and you'll be in business.

Based off of this ONE POST ALONE, I would pull that P.O.S. and toss it in a swift moving river, or a trash compactor....

Far more trouble than it's worth...... As you have found.

You then say, "I paid for this" then I say, "whats your time worth?"

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Another thought, if you must have tach use a DEI inductive unit it goes between batt and alternator and is completely safe because it's non-intrusive. The point is especially here in Europe most instrument panels have about 6 wires to control everything via the CAN data system, the "lights" are surface mount LED's there is NO 12V+ or neg wait to start feed to the bulb.N.B. The only cars that actually won't start until glow plug light extinguishes are M/Benz.  A diesel Focus will start immediately in all weathers.

Ok.  I found a DEI528T for my diesel delay issue.  I have it in my cart at Crutchfield.  But I have been Googling "DEI inductive unit" and other forms of that and can't find anything.  I can't even find a DEI website with their products.  Do you have a part number or a website or is it maybe called something else?  The other three RS-4LX units I have done have all worked fine off the voltage sensing but this one isn't.  I assume the DEI product you are referring to is for me to get a tach signal so I can run the RS in tach mode instead of voltage sensing mode.  Right?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Clifford part number was 60-521, if you ring DEI customer service and ask them they will give you the current part number. The answer to your last word "right?"  is YES.
boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Clifford part number was 60-521, if you ring DEI customer service and ask them they will give you the current part number. The answer to your last word "right?"  is YES.

Thanks.  But searching DEI I don't come up with crap.  I searched the part number you gave me a found only a few things on it.  I can't find anywhere to buy it.

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

moonliter wrote:
http://documents.audiovox.com/701218.pdf

Thats the one I am trying.  But it does not show the voltage change required for the tach system.  The voltage does not change with the RPM. 

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
Have you measured it as AC or DC
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic