Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boulderbronco 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Have you measured it as AC or DC

Both.  Just went out again to verify and no change.  I have also checked about a dozen other wires including the blue/white that Omega said was the tach wire.

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
What is the reading in ac ?
boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

moonliter wrote:
What is the reading in ac ?

This is really starting to wiz me off.  I decided to hook it up to that wire anyway and try to program it for tach sensing.  BTW it reads a constant 14.1-14.3 V AC when running at any RPM.  So it worked, kind of.  It programmed just the way the manual said it should and I verified it with the manual.  But now it won't even kick on the starter.  The security light starts blinking.  I am so tired of this.  I was told that my 08 did not have the PATS system because it is a work (fleet) truck.  So now what?  Do I have that PATS system and thats why it's kicking on that light?  It didn't do that before.  Man this is getting old.  You guys rock by the way.  Thanks for all the help.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

hmmmm........yea, f350's thru 550's do not have pats or any type of anti-theft that i'm aware of.

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

hmmmm........yea, f350's thru 550's do not have pats or any type of anti-theft that i'm aware of.

Yup.  Just talked to Ford.  They looked up the VIN and verified it does not have it.  So why is this light blinking on me?  Vehicles are so difficult these days it makes me crazy.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

"I decided to hook it up to that wire anyway and try to program it for tach sensing.  BTW it reads a constant 14.1-14.3 V AC when running at any RPM."

does everything still work normal with the key at this point? how did you tie into that wire? did you cut it?

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

"I decided to hook it up to that wire anyway and try to program it for tach sensing.  BTW it reads a constant 14.1-14.3 V AC when running at any RPM."

does everything still work normal with the key at this point? how did you tie into that wire? did you cut it?

No.  It's just a stub for accessories.  It's a nice feature of these F350's.  Weird thing is now it's working.  Almolst perfect.  But now I have yet another issue.  The "Climasense" feature does not work right.  It activates when I hit the brake pedal twice after turning the truck off.  It senses voltage so if the voltage drops below 11V it will automatically start the truck.  Problem is that it starts it right away.  That coupled with the fact that the "Smart Tach" voltage sensing didn't work for the basic operation of the unit, tells me that the voltage sensing circuit is no good in the unit.  Another thing that does not work is the "Pit-Stop" feature.  It is so you can take the key out of the ignition but keep the truck running.  It is suposed to work by toggling the override switch off-on off-on and then turning the truck "off" and taking the key out.  Well it doesn't work.  The truck just shuts off.  I guess I am making another call to Omega tomorrow.  This is the worst experience I have had with these RS-4LX units.  Otherwise I like em'.

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks again for everyones help and advice.  I am waiting on the DEI 528T for the diesel delay.  The only thing I still need to figure out is why the "Clima Sense" feature does not work.  I spent the last two days on the phone with Omega and they were at a loss.  The only thing we have come up with is that maybe, somehow, both units got damaged.  They suggested I get another RS-4LX and give it a shot.  I'm thinking that will not do it.  But then I will leave it to Omega to figure out.  I'll post whenever I get new info.  Maybe this will help someone else someday.

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2008 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
I am putting a 528t in my 08 F350 for the diesel delay.  I am "bench" testing it in the truck before I make hard connections.  I have red to +12v, Black to ground, orange not used, yellow to ground, BLACK/ white to trigger input to the RS, brown to DMM for testing.  I am not getting an obvious change in voltage.  The relay in the 528T clicked softly after about 35-40 seconds.  Should I cut the blue loop wire?  Am I reading the DMM wrong?  Please help me out.
boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2008 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I said "obvious change in voltage."  I am getting virtually no change when the relay kicks over.  It hovers right at -.001 to .001.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic