icon

pro’s vs joe’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
I cant speak negatively about a product that I receive from a friend/shop owner that has it sitting on their shelves.   That sub in the pic was used as my topic's example. Roxbox? Next: Tree trunk box!!   The ref series is clean, and good at low volume. I would like to see Memphis crank it up a notch for the folk who cant afford the big guns.   If I wanted that level of sound in a sub, I'd be using a 8" in another brand-for same price and half the space.I
This is what I do for FUN!
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSfddbRcMoA&feature=related
dont know if we parental control on this link or not
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

Roxbox?? pro’s vs joe’s - Page 4 -- posted image.

please dont say your going to try and market someting stupid like a box with "rocks" in it and try and call it a "Roxbox".

"Hey man, check out my new Roxbox!!! It ROCKS!!" (literally)

A man YEARS back marketed a rock all by itself.... the pet rock. He ended up making millions! maybe he's on to something huh?

spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Can I get a job? Im a great rock selector!!!!lol have you tried different types of rocks yet?maybe some quartz or obsidian?lava rock is perforated that might act as pillow stuffing!!!Maybe you could throw in some fools gold to attract some of the hip hop crowd ,it would be like the shiny gold tooth of the ROXBOX!!!!.Have we beat this horse to death yet or should I keep swinging
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Roxbox Inc.(R) and all known affiliates practice a no tolerance policy for animal cruelty.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Well, like i said, the river is my front yard...Let me know...And BTW...You had the sub box mounted, while you were testing different fillers...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
HAHa dam, nice, I love the feedback. Airspace...wow..ya geez, why didnt I think of that..cmon....I WISH I didnt know any better. Amp, box and a booming I go, those were the good ol days. Knowledge is costly. Speakers on a 4ch amp bridged 240x2 , subs a dual 4.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

ianarian wrote:
LOL bolt down...deeper man deeper..marketing? Nooo I dont want money...thats free advice for the industry, Im non-profit based...

How can we give you marketing advice...? Not one person,so far, has been on the RoxBox side...! Like Dyohn said...W/ your background...Cant you go back to the ppl that trained/taught you for some guidance/help...? I dont think you are going to get many "Marketing " ideas from something noone believes in...There has been specific questions w/ loosely based answers...Or comments like "cmon...lol..." Why not just get legitamized by the very judges that commend you on your EARS...(IASCA...ETC)

M.E.C.P & First-Class
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
Micheal!...did you do your homework...lets take a look..all ratings here are at 4 ohm. Im using option 1, except both coils are on 1 sub. The amp peaks at 1000w..Option 4 is peak power, the least resistance possible-120x4@2ohm + 240x2@4ohm=1000w +/-....I agree, they outta gimme new stuff to test...except they do it themselves with their current installs. Opiniarian, Memphis as a brand, needs to offer more to the less affluent enthusiasts.    
pro’s vs joe’s - Page 4 -- posted image.
I asked you what ohm you were runnin your sub and you DID NOT TELL ME A #
YOU STILL HAVENT
You can only run the sub at 2 or 8 ohm all i ask was which of the 2 are you runnin the sub?
Or are you runnin 1 coil only
A simple Q
Im guessin that you have 1 coil bridged per ch
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
I can see a new line of subs coming out from MB Quartz. After reading all of this..... how's about a nice game of paper rock scissors so we can let it die....
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic