icon

2009 Hummer H3 Remote Start Review

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

Jim you left out the new chryslers and actually some fords have been like that for probably since the late 90's.

Winstars were the first ones i do believe.

I know how it works I just don't agree on using voltage check to monitor weither the engine had started or running.

Very flawed approach.

When I put in a starter I want to do it once and won't take the chance of a come back .

Saving 5 minutes work seldom works.

zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried unhooking your brake shutdown wire to see if possibly the brake wire is getting 12 volts for some reason? I had this on a hhr a while back where it would start then a few seconds after starting for whatever reason it was getting 12v to the brake wire and i had to run my brake wire somewhere else. Just another idea. Besides the obvious running tach. What kind of voltage are you seeing when the hummer is running? Could have something to do with it as well.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged  
tach signal also shuts down in the event of overrev. Not just used for over crank fyi.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
I'm getting the Hummer back tonight.. Let's hope I can figure it out!!
I got a ADS-ALDL-GM just in case I can't get the relay bypass to work..
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
relay bypass is THE most effective bypass in these. Just be sure to solder everything, and get the resistance as close as possible without going over.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
After all the discussion about relays vs module on this truck, I had an 06 h3 come in the other day, and decided I would try a module and see what happens. Use a ads al ca(dl) gm-4. Worked like a champ, we also did a Colorado (same setup) today with the same module. I'm not sure how the module will work longterm, but just thought I would throw this in. I've always done the relay setup, but so far, so good with the module.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
It was the freaking tach!!! I hooked it up and programmed it and it started and stayed running!
Now all I have to do is get the freaking locks.. It is SOOOO damn tight where they are.. I can barely get any slack to test them let along T-Tap or solder!!
Any tips?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the dash dropped. It easier with the dash down. You can reach your left hand in between the metal bracing and you should be able to pull the harness out a little bit to make your connection.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I have the dash dropped.. It's just so freaking tight I can't get it any looser..
2009 Hummer H3 Remote Start Review - Page 8 -- posted image.
2009 Hummer H3 Remote Start Review - Page 8 -- posted image.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
ive never had much trouble getting enough slack to get the lock wires, and i military splice them, if its that tight go inside the boot,
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic