icon

remote start only?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
We bought a Viper 5902 (basically the same as a 5901) and we are (at this time) only trying to hook up the remote start part. We will install all of the other features at a later date.
When we try to remote start the car we can hear the relays on the main brain clicking, but the car doesn't crank.
We have violet and green wires going to the starter. We checked to make sure that they weren't reversed.
We have the pink ignition 1 wire going to ignition.
H1/2 red for constant 12 volts is going to battery.
H1/5 black is going to ground.
H2/18 BLACK/ white is going to ground for the neutral safety switch.
H2/17 brown is going to the brake.
The car is a 2010 Milan (same as the Fusion) and we are using the XPressKit PKFM D2D interface module for PATS.
We can't seem to get the PKFM to program. We put the first key in, turn the ignition on until the light goes off, then within 5 seconds we put the second key in, turn the ignition on until the light goes off, remove the key and push the remote start button, but it never starts. The light on the PKFM is supposed to stay solid for 3 seconds but ours just starts flashing (not the fast flashing for reversed TX/RX) just normal flashing, after we remove the second key.
If the PKFM wasn't programed, would that keep the car from trying to crank, or would it crank but not start?
Are there any other wires that we need to connect to get the remote starter to work? We are using virtual tach at this time, once we get the car to crank we will switch to the violet/white tach wire.
Also, when we run starter diagnostics it flashes 8 times, which supposedly means that neutral safety switch is shutting it down, but we have the brain set to Automatic tranny (via Bitwritter) and the black and white wire is going to ground, so I don't get why it's flashing 8 times. The neutral safety switch is in the ON position. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
The system comes defaulted in manual mode you need to put it in automatic transmission mode for the vehicle to start
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
do you have the accessory wire hooked up? what about the other 12v constant wires?you say the green and violet starter wires arent reversed but which wire is going where?also i am not familiar with this bypass but the new fords dont call it pats anymore its called secur-lok so imnot sure if this bypass is correct, also do you have the bypass wired correctly?(power,ground when running etc.)
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
chadwa2003 wrote:
The system comes defaulted in manual mode you need to put it in automatic transmission mode for the vehicle to start
We switched it to automatic via the bitwriter version 2.7.
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
jim hunter wrote:
do you have the accessory wire hooked up?
I thought that was for the heater/AC system so that it warms up (or cools down) the car...
[quote]what about the other 12v constant wires?[/quote]
We only see H1/2 marked as constant. Do you mean ignition 2 flex relay. We do not use that on this car.
[quote]you say the green and violet starter wires arent reversed but which wire is going where?[/quote]
Green = key
Violet = starter
[quote]also i am not familiar with this bypass but the new fords dont call it pats anymore its called secur-lok so imnot sure if this bypass is correct[/quote]
Yes, according to XPressKit this is the correct one for the 2010 Fusion/Milan.
[quote]do you have the bypass wired correctly?(power,ground when running etc.)[/QUOTE]
Yes, but I read in another thread while researching this that DEI has bad instructions, and you're not supposed to remove the second key, so I'll try that to see if that allows it to program.
Thanks for trying to help.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

main harness needs to wired like this for the milan

H3/1  Pink (wire this to ignition 1 in the car)

H3/2  RED / White  (not used)

H3/3  Orange (wire this to acc 1 in the car)

H3/4  Violet (wire this to the starter wire in the car)

H3/5  Green (not used)

H3/6  Red  (connect to 12 volts in the car)

H3/7  Pink/White  (not used)

H3/8  Pink/Black  (not used)

H3/9  RED / Black  (connect to 12 volts in the car)

H1/2  Red  (connect this to 12 volts in the car)

H1/5  Black  (connect this wire to ground)

H2/9  Violet/White  (connect this wire to the tach wire in the car)

H2/17  Brown  (connect this wire to the foot brake in the car)

H2/18  BLACK/ White  (connect this wire to ground and plug in the neutral safety 2 pin plug and switch to the on position)

as for anything else reply back when you have wired this properly

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
Are both keys original Ford keys? we have had a rash of clone keys from Carmax lately, they won't work as a second key thus no bypass programming....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Not really sure if that car will kill the starter as part of the anti theft.....some Fords will still crank without a proper bypass, some won't.
Regardless, the first step is to unplug the bypass temporarily, insert one of your good keys in the ignition, and leave it there. Try the remote start.
If the remote start works with the key in the ignition, your install is good....concentrate on what's wrong with the bypass.
On the other hand, if it still doesn't work even with the factory key, there is some error in the installation...correct that before worrying about the bypass.
Also, if you look at 05gt's post, well, it's been a while since I've installed a Viper so I don't remember exactly.
But, notice how there are three heavy gauge RED / strip wires? Red, RED / white, and RED / black? I think you only have one of the three hooked up to constant, while 05gt is saying that you need to connect one more.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
angelars,
You may find my description of PKFM programming here to be helpful.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:
Are both keys original Ford keys?
Yes, both keys are the original keys that came with the car. Thank you for trying to help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic