icon

viper 5101 8 pin connector

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

Okay. From all the Googling I've done, this is what I've found. All the red wires go to +12v consant just as you said t&t tech! My connections should be as follows...

H3/1(Pink) ->RED / Blue @ Ignition Harness (+12v in the "run" and "start" position - typical ignition 1 wire)

H3/2(RED / White) ->N/A (+12v constant - polarity feed for the ignition 2/flex relay.)

H3/3(Orange) ->BLACK/ Orange @ Ignition Harness (+12v Accessory Output )

H3/4(Violet) ->Yellow @ Ignition Harness (+12v Stater Output/"Crank" wire)

H3/5(Red) ->(+12v constant- polarity feed for the Ignition 1 relay)

H3/6(Pink/White) ->N/A (Ignition 2/flex relay output)

H3/7(Pink/Black) ->N/A (flex relay input)

H3/8 (RED / Black)->(+12v constant - polarity feed to the accessory and starter relays)

I don't think I need the H3/2 since it is only the polarity feed for the ignition 2/flex relay. I won't be using it.

Assuming this is correct, would the Red & Pink/Black in the ignition harness be sufficient in size to power all the red since they are only polarity wires, or would I be safer off running a dedicated wire to power these three?

BTW, I'm not impressed with DEI, nor the place I purchased the car starter from. Neither will offer documents or diagrams for fear of liability. I understand their reason, but if it that was the case no one would ever sell car parts. lol 

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
The weird thing is, all the other wires/connections in the manual are pretty well laid out and logical.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
The power wires at the ignition harness will suffice, you will also need to power that h3/2 wire!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2010 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

Really? I was thinking the H3/2 would only be needed if the H3/6 was going to be utilized.  Since my Jeep Liberty doesn't have a second ignition, accessory, or starter wire I didn't think I would be using it. I suppose it could be used for some other purpose as a "flex relay" if desired.

H3/2 - (+) FUSED (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 /FLEX RELAY INPUT 87

This wire is the polarity feed for the ignition 2/flex relay.

H3/6 - IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT 30

This wire is factory programmed as Ignition 2 and can be programmed as a 2nd accessory or 2nd starter.

Am I thinking correctly here?

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody?
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

According to the wiring chart on your own post, this jeep has 2 +12v sources, 1 ign, 1 starter & 2 acc's. therefore you're going to use all the inputs and outputs (except H3/7) on the H3 8-pin connector. You'll have to program the flex relay from default 2nd ign to 2nd accessory.. see the chart below

viper 5101 8 pin connector - Page 2 -- posted image.

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

You're absolutely right moonliter. I don't know why I didn't see that. Thanks for the clarification.

I appreciate all the help I've recieved on this forum. Thank you!

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

guidance anyone,

I am looking for the same type of help with the same heavy gauge H3 8 pin connector for a 2005 Ford Focus. As Shaffnery wrote, the instructions are vague as to what and where.  I have a posting at   viper 5301on 2005 ford focus on this site looking for the same help.  On the 2005 focus wiring chart I have one 12 volt constant (red)(+), one starter (gray/black)(+), one ignition 1 (GREEN/ YELLOW(+), and one ACCESSORY /HEATER blower 1(yellow(+).  No second 12 volt constant, starter, ignition, or accessory wires on the car.

Thanks for looking

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

Judging from the wiring diagram I got from DEI, it looks like the Red & Pink/Black wire(the 12v constant in the ignition harness) powers the ignition wire, both accessory wires, and the starter wires. I think I'm going to tap into that to power the H3/2, H3/5, and H3/8.

shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

After reading the topic below, I've decided to split up my power needs up like this..

.viper 5101 8 pin connector - Page 2 -- posted image.

The +12v power wire for the primary harness(H1/2), will also be connected to Pink/Black in the ignition wire harness. I will use the red wire in the ignition harness to also power the Directed 457cw door lock interface I'm going to install(5amps at the most).

Both the red and pink/black wires in the ignition harness are 12gauge wires with 40A fuses each. I think things will be sufficient this way.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=85310&KW=tapping+ignition+wires 

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic