icon

window module wiring, 98 chevy crew cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hawks 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have a four door truck I want to install 2 DEI 530t window modules in.  The install looks pretty simple just wired in between the window motor and the switch.  For the passenger and two rear windows can I wire the modules up between the master control panel switches on the drivers door or should I extend the wires and run them to each individual door so they are wired between the door switch on each door and the motors?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
First check the wiring, Japanese vehicles tend to use DATA signalling so you will need to go to the motors. If your front switches put out 12V+ each way on motor up and down then you're OK, but you won't have one touch up and down for the back windows.
What vehicle?
hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
It's a 98 Chevy crew cab.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
You can get the wires between the drivers door switchs and the motors in the other doors on that vehicle.   That will give you one touch from the drivers switches.  If you wanted one touch from the switchs on the respective doors, you would need to get a trigger from each swicth run back to the 530.  But this is not necessary if you just want one touch from the drivers switchs.
hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Cool thanks for the input....Yeah, I don't care about the one touch on the other windows.
hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2010 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing an alrm system ( Clifford 590.2x) in a 98 chev pickup with 2 window modules with 20 amp inline fuses each and a tilt sensor with a 1 amp inline fuse the alarm side of the unit with a 15 amp in line fuse and I will be adding a shock sensor to the rear of the truck so that will be another, at most 15 amp in line fuse for a total of 71 amps.  I would like to hear some ideas on how to connect all these power sources.  Maybe install a power distribution box from the battery or aux post at the fuse box to connect them or run them all directly to my aux post at the fuse box but what amp fuse should I use.  I would love to hear some ideas on the best and easiest way to make these connections.

Thank you

hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing an alrm system with 2 window modules with 20 amp inline fuses each and a tilt sensor with a 1 amp inline fuse the alarm side of the unit with a 15 amp in line fuse and I will be adding a shock sensor to the rear of the truck so that will be another, at most 15 amp in line fuse for a total of 71 amps. I would like to hear some ideas on how to connect all these power sources. Maybe install a power distribution box from the battery or aux post at the fuse box to connect them or run them all directly to my aux post at the fuse box but what amp fuse should I use. I want to do a clean and neat installation and would love to hear some ideas on the best and easiest ways to make these connections.
Thank you
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Fuse everything SEPARATELY, solder the leads together and join to the fuse box constant input.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

I would run a seperate wire directly from the battery for the window modules and then I would power everything else through one feed (with the individual fuses). 

Some people like to go right to the battery for alarms in case they ever have problems it is easy to get to the fuse.  Some people think that the fuse at the battery is a security risk (wich is silly) and would rather connect under the dash.  Either way, you'll have more then enough current for the alarm and sensors as long as you run a dedicated power feed for the window modules.

Kevin Pierson
hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2010 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  

I am now working on the dome light supervision and wanted to know if I should install diodes on the dome supervision and door trigger wires since they both use the door pin wire for activation.  I am installing one of the new clifford responder HD systems and for the door locking I am using a DEI451m module because this system comes with two negative outputs.  I noticed this model dose not have a 2nd unlock outputeither  like the previous responder LC model.  Does anyone know if this model is internally wired to already do this feature or do I have to wire something up a specific way?  What would be a good way to wire it up to keep the progressive locking if it is possible.  I have found the the remote control door lock reciever and door lock relay under the dash if I need to wire into those to make it work.

Thank you

Rod

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic