the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5902 wiring 01 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

The PKH34 or the PKALL are the easiest to install & program.  Available online from various places for about $25 to $40.  ( If you opt for the PKALL, make sure it is Brand New In Box - Never Used, Etc.  It can only be programmed to one car. )

If the car starts with the key inserted, then you are all set except  for the bypass....

Soldering is fun!
jstall7543 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, you were right, it starts with the key in! Lol! What a relief! You guys rock!
Posted from my iphone 4
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2010 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I suppose I was dissing you but only as a friendly teacher mightviper 5902 wiring 01 civic - Page 3 -- posted image. Kreg knows what I was getting at...check all your info and are you reading what we post?
My little one liners are meant to be incisive not offensive I admit there's always a tinge of cynicism but there you go.
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2010 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I've been reading all the posts, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys! I ordered the PKH34 to "bypass" lol. Thanks guys!
Posted from my iphone 4
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2010 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I've been reading all the posts, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys! I ordered the PKH34 to "bypass" lol. Thanks guys!
Posted from my iphone 4
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I have a 2001 civic lx auto, Viper 5902 alarm. The Remote start works with the key in. I wired up the pkh34 and when I plug it in the light just stays on until I turn the key to the on position. The instructions say to press and hold the button while turning the key, pkh34 should blink, but it doesn't. 
I'm running the D2D cable. My car is listed as install "A" type Honda.
On the pk I have brown status wire hooked to the vipers H2/10 (-)200ma status output. do I need this since I'm running the d2d cable? 
On the pk I have violet data wire hooked to the pin#2 RED / blue as stated by instructions.
On the pk I have pink/white key side to pin5 (I cut this wire in half) and pink to ECM side.
On the pk I have orange ignition to pin6
Red to 12v constant 
Black chassis ground to pin#1 key side
Posted from my iphone 4
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Is there any settings I need to change on the 5902? I forgot to ask!
Posted from my iphone 4
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so after some more research is obvious to me that the bypass isn't programed properly. I do what the instructions say but it's not working. I try resetting and after that the pk light stays on while holding the button in It's supposed to blink but it never does. What does this mean? Wiring problem? I've tripple checked everything.
Posted from my iphone 4
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

If you are running D2D you shouldn't need the Brown GRW, the Red +12v or the Black Ground wires connected.  Being as you do, just disconnect the D2D harness and try a reset and another program.

If you do run in D2D mode, did you set the Viper jumpers to "external D2D module"?

Soldering is fun!
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I unplugged the d2d, hold button in and unplug the 10 pin to reset, the pk light is off now and I don't get a flash while holding the button in after plugging in the 10pin. Weird!
Before the light would stay on until I hit the key.
Now when I try to program I hold the button in and turn key I get one red flash. I test the remote start and the green key light is still flashing while the engine turns over. Thank you for your help! I hope I can get this going today!!!
Posted from my iphone 4
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic