icon

2006 ford f250 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeepsrcool 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install a crimestopper RS-4G2 remote starter on my truck but need to know how to wire it up. The truck is an XL basic truck no bells or whistles except I put a remote keyless entry system but this is removed now and I hope to wire the locks into the new system if I can figure the wiring out. Can I please have some darn help. It's cold in the morning and I'm ready to get into a warm truck without having to go out and crank it. Thanks in advance.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
What exactly is your question again?
don't think you could have been any more vague.
specifics would help.
honestly the best advice is to use a MULTIMETER!, as well as READ THE MANUAL..
that seems to be the 2 things all of the diyers on here can't seem to grasp.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
you should not need a bypass for this installation
here is the wire chart for your truck
MODEL       YEAR(S)
F SERIES SUPER DUTY       2006 -2007
KEY       T-HARNESS       IMMOBILIZER
N/A       N/A       N/A
PART       COLOR       LOCATION       DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT       YELLOW (+) and LIGHT GREEN/ PURPLE (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
STARTER       DARK GREEN (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
STARTER 2       N/A            
IGNITION 1       RED / LIGHT GREEN (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
IGNITION 2       RED / BLACK (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
IGNITION 3       N/A            
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1       GRAY / YELLOW (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2       DARK/BLUE/LIGHT GREEN (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
KEYSENSE       N/A            
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )       N/A            
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )       BROWN (+)       @ HEADLIGHT Switch or VSM, GREEN Plug, Pin 2, See NOTE *1      
POWER LOCK       PINK / YELLOW (TYPE C) See NOTE *2       in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, @ DOOR HARNESS      
POWER UNLOCK       PINK/LIGHT GREEN (TYPE C) See NOTE *2       in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, @ DOOR HARNESS      
LOCK MOTOR WIRE       PINK/BLACK (TYPE C)       in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, @ DOOR HARNESS      
DOOR TRIGGER       Use DOMELIGHT Supervison wire            
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION       BLACK/ LIGHT BLUE (+)       @ PASSENGER KICK PANEL or Cluster Blue Plug, Pin 26      
TRUNK RELEASE       N/A            
SLIDING POWER DOOR       N/A            
HORN       DARK BLUE (-)       @ HORN SWITCH or VSM, GREEN Plug, Pin 6, See NOTE *1      
TACH       See NOTE *3            
WAIT TO START LIGHT       See NOTE *4            
BRAKE       LIGHT GREEN (+)       @ SWITCH above BRAKE PEDAL      
FACTORY ALARM DISARM       N/A            
ANTI-THEFT       N/A            
NOTES
NOTE *1 The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is located to the RIGHT of the GAS Pedal, just above the Transmission hump and below the Radio. the VSM is NOT Accessible from the Radio opening.
NOTE *2 Vehicles WITHOUT a FACTORY KEYLESS Entry Remote Control are a TYPE "C" Door Locking System. Vehicles WITH a FACTORY KEYLESS Entry Remote Control are a TYPE "B" Door Locking System and the LOCK wire is a WHITE/ RED (TYPE B) and the UNLOCK is a BLACK/ WHITE TYPE B), BOTH are located in the Drivers Kick Panel, at the Door Harness.
NOTE *3 On GAS Engines the TACH wire is any wire that is NOT: RED / LIGHT GREEN or RED / YELLOW at any IGNITION COIL or FUEL-INJECTOR. On DIESEL Engines the TACH wire is a LIGHT GREEN / WHITE wire in a 5-Pin Harness held up with WHITE tape located behind the Parking Brake Release.
NOTE *4 On this vehicle you can not use the WAIT TO START wire, you must use the WAIT TO START TIMER Programming in your Installation manual.
if you want detail pics of the truck send me an email with the vehicle in the subject line
monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
if its a diesel i think there might be one more ignition wire that has to be hooked up for the glow plugs
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
12 pin low current plug:
yellow white- not used
orange- not used
pink-was told this could not be used on my model it would have to be
programmed
gray-not used
purple-Brake Switch-connected to light green at brake pedal switch
green-Start Activation-unsure if needed
orange black- not used
white- hooked to parking light switch but does not flash
yellow black- run ignition-hooked to red and light green at ignition
switch harness
brown- not used
black-ground
red white- Tried to hook to tach wire which has a steady 12v at all rpm
but still no luck starting
6 pin high current plug:
2 red fused wires hooked to battery terminal
Pink and White- not used
Pink-hooked to wire only with ignition power source
Grey- A/C Heater Control Power
Brown-hooked to dark green from ignition harness and it reads 10v while
starting but still will not start
3 pin low current plug
Blue- not used
Red- Not used
Green- Not used
Also I am not sure what the other low current plug is for or if its
needed. Also do I have to reinstall the CS-865-RKE for the remote locks
or can this not be programmed for the new system. The box clicks as if it is trying to start but nothing else. I also tested all the prongs for the large 6 pin plugs and they all read as they should with the exception of the pink and white which is not hooked up. Please let me know if the wiring is correct or not and where they need to go. Im stuck with the dash torn apart and no DIESEL TRUCK to drive and you know how that makes a man feel. Back in the 4x4 Jeep I guess . Let me know where I went wrong.
I read the direction slowly fast and used 2 different meters but this darn thing is killing me. Thanks for everyone's help and I hope to get this solved soon.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
The yellow and black wire (-) RUN Ignition 1 is a negative ignition output or ground out when running so is this the turbo cool down wire and if so where does it go? Also the pink and white wire from the high current plug says Jumper Select (default=ignition 2) Start 2, ACC 2, Ignition 2. What should this be hooked to? I know I'm asking a lot but I appreciate everyone's help.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Does a standard XL Ford f-250 diesel have a need for a transporter bypass kit. I can get the accessories to run as well as the engine tries to turn over but I just needed to know if it had one and if so where is it located. thanks again
monty_77 
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
you do not need one for a f250 in 2006
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the information
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
OK so I have wired the unit up correctly per crimestopper but the truck will not start or even attempt to start. I have power at all the places I should and when I should but I cannot get the darn thing to work. I dont even think my remotes are programming properly but the lights flash when you lock or unlock, and the module clicks 3 times when you try to start the truck but no go. I purchased a 30amp relay just in case but am unsure of how to wire this thing up and what needs it the starter or the ignition wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated Im tired of this darn truck starter. This is a diesel so what am I missing?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic