the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 ford f250 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
if you have not done the tach programing it may not attempt to start.
your tach wire should not be a constant 12 volts.
on a DMM set for AC it should read from 3 to 5 volts and change as the rpm change
your truck should have a customer access harness right above the e-brake around the main wire harness behind the fuse box for tach and other wires there is a label with wire colors and functions.
you should notice them the are just taped on the ends.
on you vehicle it should be GREEN / WHITE
2006 ford f250 diesel - Page 2 -- posted image.
on a diesel there is a blue/green accessory wire in the main ignition harness that should have power for the glow plugs
12 pin low current
also i would hook up the horn. this is used by some remote starter to signal programing features. Dk Blue At Right of Steering Column in a Big Gray Conn. Negative should not need a relay
The pink wire you could use but i would program it for the 10 secs easier.
You have to use the Gray wire for hood pin it is required for entering program mode. In you customer access harness there are 4 wires that go out in to the engine compartment so you will not have to run a wire out under the hood just use one of them.
you will notice the wires under the hood drivers side on harness attached to top of firewall.
Green wire will not be used unless you what turbo timer mode then you will need to add a momentary switch to it to ground (a push button switch)
white do not hook to switch it is a positive Brown wire In Driver's Kick Panel or Behind Fuse Box also make sure you do not have it set for negative.
you can use the brown wire for the third accessory with a relay Accessory 2 RED / Black or Accessory 3 Blue/Green (for Diesel Glow Plugs) both in the ignition harness
as for the RED / white look above
6 pin high current
pink/white use this for one of the accessory wire Accessory 2 RED / Black or Accessory 3 Blue/Green (for Diesel Glow Plugs) both in the ignition harness
Pink should be on the RED / Green Ignition harness
gray use on the Gray / YELLOW in the Ignition harness
Brown use on the Green in the Ignition harrness
you do not need the CS-865-RKE the 3 pin low current harness is for the door locks
Green is lock and the Lock wire is WHITE/ Red In Driver's Kick Panel or in Driver's Door Boot Negative
blue is Unlock and the unlock wire is BLACK/ White In Driver's Kick Panel or in Driver's Door Boot Negative
you should not have to use relays but it never hurts. if you do the red wire will give them power it you don't you will not use it.
you may be able to splice into the CS-865-RKE wire it is using for door lock.
The turbo mode is a programing feature you program no wire to hook up
Hope this helps
jeepsrcool 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
The yellow black wire does not get hooked up to the ignition barrel. This wire is a negative output which is used to activate a bypass module which you may need for this truck. The RED / white tach wire can get hooked up to a coil or fuel injector on the vehicle and you will also need to program this wire to make sure that it does its job properly. To program this wire, you can take a look at the "Tach Programming" section in the installation manual.
In the high-current plug, the Pink wire gets hooked up to the primary ignition wire at the ignition barrel. The Pink/White will most likely need to get hooked up to a second ignition wire in the ignition harness. The gray wire gets hooked up to the accessory control circuit and the brown wire gets hooked up to the starter circuit. Check in the wiring schematic for the vehicle to see how many ignition and accessory wires that there are on the vehicle that need to be powered up. You may need to add external relays to power them from the remote start system.
On the three pin low current plug, the Blue wire and the green wires are you door lock and unlock control wires. The Blue wire gets hooked up to the unlock wire in the truck and the green wire gets hooked up to the lock wire in the truck. Check to make sure which method of door lock hook up that your truck takes whether it is positive, negative or reverse polarity.
Thank You
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
The post above is from a crimestopper rep. but even still the truck won't crank. Is there possibly 2 tach wire in the cluster at the park brake and I have the wrong one because when I crank the truck with the key and rev the motor the meter reading is constant and never changes. I can do a complete run down again of how it is wired right now to let you have a general idea. Also the brown wire at the light switch is a negative wire until the lights are turned on is this correct. I know I'm being a pain in the arse but I bought this kit without the money to have a professional install it and I put the keyless entry on myself on this truck and the unit is suppose to lock and unlock but it won't all that happens is the little box clicks. Does the remote start system need to see that Tue truck is in park before it works. I clueless to my issue.
monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
for the tach at the customer access you can look at the tag that there should tell wire color and function. are you using the AC or Frequency setting of the DMM. if not you will not get the right reading. some of the wires look close to the same colors in there. make sure you get the GREEN / WHITE in that customers access. i have used this many times in the past wire success every time for tach.
if thats not the one then look on the tag on them for the right color it will say tach              color
you only have one ignition wire so on the pink/white move the jumper to the accessory setting and use it for one of the accessory so you can eliminate one extra relay
as for finding the parking lights wire. behind the switch ground one end of your DMM (set for 12v or 20v DC) and them probe the back of the switch at the wire you want to test. It should read 0v. then turn the switch to park lights then you should see voltage. turn it off you should lose the voltage back to 0v.
for the doorlock are you using relays or are you using the negative trigger straight off the Remote starter?
it most likely will not crank until you get a properly learned tach signal.
if you can not find the tach signal in the customer harness. i know its there i did a 2006 about a month ago. you can resort to the fuel injector. but i doubt you will find a coil. (diesels don't have Spark plugs).
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  
I will look closer for the tach wire and for the pink and white wire I have 2 ignition wires but the system itself has no jumpers or relays. Finding the park lights will be easy and I was also told I did not have to have a bypass for the key for an 06 model. As for the locks I was told the current kit would operate them. The keyless entry system I took off was a crimestopper CS-865-RKE and it worked without relays so who knows. If I did install relays I have 2 30AMP 5wire and 2 40Amp 4wire relays and 2 fuse holders but how do I wire them in, as for what colors are for what. I know for a fact the 6 pin high current is wired both reds to the battery, grey to grey and yellow on steering column, brown to green on steering column, pink to red and green on steering column, pink and white to yellow Acc on steering column.
12 pin low current
yellow and white hooks to horn got this one
Black is ground got this one
Yellow black not used
Tan cannot find dome light wire for this and does it require a relay
Green is not here it is a red and black wire with an inline fuse where does this hook?
Grey is the hood pin got this one
Pink not used on 2006 models
Purple hooked to brake switch unsure of the color
Orange not hooked up
Orange and black not hooked up
White not hooked up if it needs to be where at
Red and white hooked to green and white but I need to check this for volts
3 pin for locks this was the aftermarket kit that is mention above.
Blue is hooked to negative for unlock
Red to 12v constant but do I need a relay and how to wire also 1 or 2 relays
Green is hooked to negative for lock
This unit has no jumper pins just wires so what to do there. The green mentioned above is red and black with an inline fuse so where does this go. It says start activation negative on the diagram.
That's where I'm at so far. Thanks again.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 4:44 AM / IP Logged  
I'm also going to double check my programming. This may not be correct.
monty_77 
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
their is just one ignition and three accessories for your diesel. just did one this is a link to the sheet i used. it worked fine and on the first try.
2006 Ford F250 Wiring Diagrams
for the door locks if you did not have relays before you should not need them now. just hook the outputs straight to wire.
for the dome light it should be ORANGE / Lt Green behind the light switch and its negative should not need relay.
is this the manual for your manual
your brake light will be at the switch will be green
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I have checked every wire under the dash at the consumer access panel and none read 3 to5 volts and change with rpm. The green and white is constant 12 volts and the only other wire is the Orange and red but it reads a constant 5volts. So do I hook up to the crank position sensor or is there a better wire. I can't even see the fuel injectors and is there a wire located in the control box under the hood that will work. I have a drawing for all the wires in the consumer access pwnep but none make sejce. Also even if the truck won't start why won't the blower or Acc come on when the start button is pushed. Also do I need a tach inverted since the green end white wire is a constant 12 volts and what would a tech inverted do. Thanks again.
monty_77 
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
DO YOU HAVE YOUR DMM SET TO AC (ALTERNATING CURRENT)???
OR DO YOU HAVE IT SET TO DC (DIRECT CURRENT)???
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
we had it on DC current not alternating current
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic